• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CNC machining your own parts

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Dremmel and Xacto . That's all I got :(. Well.......my fingers too. But they are a bit worn out these days. Helped a buddy build a cnc router system with stepper motors so we could spit out small flat foam board planes. Used a dremmel tool as the router.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Got my laser up and running the other day, here is my first project. Waiting for some more acrylic to show up so I can do the deck in the lid for some more bling.

Attachments

• 20160809_224438.jpg
    20160809_224438.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 464

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Nice!

So how are you liking the Bump Controller?

It was a bit touch and go at first, I think they released it with a lot of bugs. When I first started using it, I couln't get both chargers to work at the same time, usually one would drop off halfway through the charge because of a communication error. I ended up sending the bump controller back and they updated the hardware and added some more robust rf filters. Since its return, I've only used it a few times but it seems that the issues are fixed. I hope to take that case to the field and give it a good work out to see for sure. The good thing is, revo has been really quick and responsive to help fix any issues. On the whole, its pretty dang awesome now that it seems to be working as it should. Now I need to get some sort of tablet so that I can take advantage of the blue tooth capabilities. They also have it set up to work with android phones too, I can bump the battery on my phone and it beems the info to the bump controller...not really necessary but I thought it was pretty dang cool!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was a bit touch and go at first, I think they released it with a lot of bugs. When I first started using it, I couln't get both chargers to work at the same time, usually one would drop off halfway through the charge because of a communication error. I ended up sending the bump controller back and they updated the hardware and added some more robust rf filters. Since its return, I've only used it a few times but it seems that the issues are fixed. I hope to take that case to the field and give it a good work out to see for sure. The good thing is, revo has been really quick and responsive to help fix any issues. On the whole, its pretty dang awesome now that it seems to be working as it should. Now I need to get some sort of tablet so that I can take advantage of the blue tooth capabilities. They also have it set up to work with android phones too, I can bump the battery on my phone and it beems the info to the bump controller...not really necessary but I thought it was pretty dang cool!
Kelly, the designer of the Bump Controller is in my club and several other members were Beta testers. It's a very cool product. Kelly and his son are making some really cool custom charge cases now. They will sell parts, or build the entire thing with chargers and all if someone wants.

This was his own that I took a pic of at one of our events.

20160521_114747_resized.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Anyone here besides myself cut their own parts with a CNC machine?
At my last employment I ran a Model Lab and we had a 5-axis CNC machine. I made a vacuum box to hold the wood down and best fit my shapes in cad then machined cutting with a 1/32" endmill at 18,000 rpms. It worked very good but not as good as a laser cutter. It was all I had. I machined a lot of basswood plugs for fiberglass molds on that machine as well.