• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ChinaHobby Batteries

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Does anyone run these batteries and if so how do you like them. Do they hold up well and how would you compare them to other batteries you have had? Im looking for some 6s 5000 mhA batts and when I saw there prices they got pretty attractive. :)

AKfreak

150cc
I like the packs.. The always work for me. One time I did end up with a dead cell on a 6S pack. I contacted them and gave them a serial number on the pack. They sent me a new one the next day. They have a US warehouse, and shipping is free for orders over $30 or maybe its 40 bucks. Best deal on lipos in my opinion.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
CHL have been my battery of choice for about a year now. They balance really well and provide good power and the great customer service is a bonus. I've never had one fail or puff. If you sign up for the weekly newsletter you can get some great deals. I got 6S 6200 30C packs for $64 last summer.

6172crew

50cc
Chinaline CHLN battery

I was reading a post on the forum about the chinaline battery and looked them up and the prices were great. I was able to pick up a 8S 4000 for under $80 shipped (4Sx2).

i tried to order them from the website but the site gave me an error and I was emailed by jason later, he asked me what I was looking for and he sent me a recipt/bill for the batteries I wanted to try.

I received the batteries 2 days later in NM, which is really fast. I soldered the XT60 connectors on and let my icharger 308 cycle them last night and wanted to report on them for those who don't have an charger that will measure IR and total MAH discharged and charged into the battery.

The 30c 4500 4S was closer to a 4200mah battery with unmatched cells. The cells are 5.6-7.4 IR.
The 40c 4000 4S was closer to a 3800mah battery with unmatched cells. The cells are 6.4-7.5 IR.

I tested 2 each of the above batteries. For those who haven't used the icharger, it will discharge to 3.5 per cell, and charges to 4.2 per cell on a cycle and I set up the cycle at 2A (both discharge and charge) and had the charger cycle them automatically 3 times.

I have tested every battery I own, thunder power, zippy, nanotech, Hyperion, gens ace, and have seen why one batteries are so expensive and why some are cheaper. I look forward to using these batteries in the Edge with the 4330 motorfly on 8s. It's too bad they aren't closer to 4000mah like some manufacturers make them.

(Edited:the icharger takes the battery to 3.5, not 3.2 when discharging.)

Last edited by a moderator:

6172crew

50cc
:eek: Thank you Sir! I was just trying to give a good idea what you get when ordering these. Ill give them a try next weekend and be able to tell a bit more.

6172crew

50cc
I finally had a chance to test the smaller 3s 1500mah batteries I ordered, they show 1270-1280 on the 5 cycles I ran them through. The IR is always more for smaller batteries, but these were 11-7 on the cells for both batteries.