• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carb pressure equlaization

My DLE carb has a nozzle for carb equlaization should one want to use it. On the walbro carbs one needs to put a nozzle. So how important is it to have carb pressure equlization? Do you guys use it on all your planes? I'm getting a GP123 which comes with a walbro carb so just looking for input from you guys.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If you have issues, first make sure you have proper air exit which will likely take care of it. If not, I have put a 1.5" or so piece of fuel tubing with a small pc. of 1/8" brass tube bend at 90 degrees with a tubing bender inside the fuel tube. This points the fuel tube at the choke plate when it is open. This has taken care of any issues I have every had, and only had issues with 170cc+ to be honest.

If you have issues, first make sure you have proper air exit which will likely take care of it. If not, I have put a 1.5" or so piece of fuel tubing with a small pc. of 1/8" brass tube bend at 90 degrees with a tubing bender inside the fuel tube. This points the fuel tube at the choke plate when it is open. This has taken care of any issues I have every had, and only had issues with 170cc+ to be honest.
Thanks Terry! No issues at present, was just wondering whether to go with it from the start with my new airframe. Will first fly and see how it goes .

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Terry! No issues at present, was just wondering whether to go with it from the start with my new airframe. Will first fly and see how it goes .

Cool, I was trying to find a pic of the little vent line, worst case if you do have any issues with it sounding different in KE or in negative G flight I'll take a pic of my GP176. It had an issue and the little vent tube completely cured it.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
well I'm doing some maintenance today and forgot that this carburetor had one so I'll post a picture for your reference anyway....

Attachments

• 20150711_171144.jpg
    20150711_171144.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 293
I put a tube on a carb like Terry showed and it seemed to help the tune on the midrange and ran really smooth. 3W actually has a snorkel type intake that the tube runs to. The theory is the metering diaphragm is actually measuring the air pressure going into the carb. If you do have problems with it there are a lot of different ways to solve the problem.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Supposedly the area just in front of the carb is an area of "neutral" pressure regardless of other things going on in the cowl since your engine is running and flowing air through that area at a constant velocity.
Just what I read somewhere, so I really don no nuttin, teknicall bout it afer dat.