• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
@Terryscustom when you do your Viper build are you going to use all the included hardware or will you be changing out the threaded rods to something else?

I am going to show some different options using Dubro hardware that we've been playing with, but I will be using all the included hardware otherwise.
I have been experimenting with some class 12.9 hardened still screws from mcmasters. At almost $.50 each (plus this method requires lock nuts) they are probably not cost effective for Herve to include in the kits but they have held up extremely well. With some people a little confused on the setup of the threaded studs and the number of people I've talked through servo matching and setup this Summer........I plan to do a couple of video's to help get people through basic mechanical servo matching and hardware setup.

sweetpea

100cc
I'll be using the stock hardware and all my gear from my 36% Edge (its going to get recovered). I will be using a 3W106 and might try to fly it with my BME100 that is slated for my long term MS FW-190D9 project that is collecting dust

mnfatboy

50cc
I'm collecting parts while awaiting the arrival of the Viper and I've been thinking of going with canisters. Does anyone know if there is any info on the drop length the header needs to be?