• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The problem with one pieces, for me anyways, is they seem to warp more in the sun. All my planes with wooden hatches seem to be less problematic. Mounting these PAU canopies is really only a 15 minute job and is alot easier to repair than an all plastic 1 piece canopy.

100% agree. I do like the "slap it on" option but I just replaced a canopy for a plane that is a year old because the front was 1/4" higher than the canopy deck from warping and when I screwed it down it was still just over 1/16". Not to mention that it cost me over $100 shipped:(.

A few minutes with Glue and tape and 1/4 that price would have been nice.

What did you place over the creatology foam to give it the weave look on the baffles?

I actually don't like the foam for baffles, no particular reason. I laid up some aluminized texilium fabric on light ply then cleared it with gloss clear lacquer. I had some carbon fiber as well but wanted them to pop.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I determined where my batteries will be placed and made a small tray out of lite ply. I used basswood rails on the bottom to give it strength and cut some slots for velcro wraps with a ball end mill in my dremel tool. I was going to do some lightening holes but the whole thing was less than an ounce so I left it. Since it holds 10oz or so of batteries there is a lot of G-forces there.

_DSC0468.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0466.JPG
    _DSC0466.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 229
  • _DSC0467.JPG
    _DSC0467.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 228

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sun is shining, perfect day for a maiden!!!! If it were not for the 26mph sustained wing with 37mph gusts:mad::(.

Well, figured before I pack the plane in the trailer for a calm day I would get a couple of family reunion shots with the kit that is currently available vs the new PAU ARF. I've been getting quite a few questions regarding the difference. Basically as noted the ARF is basically a few inches more wingspan, a couple hundred more sq. in. of wing area, a few inches longer, almost exactly the same finished weight, and the elevators are quite a bit larger which will be AMAZING.
and ready to assemble with a couple days work!!:dancing-chicken:

Really really looking forward to this maiden flight!!!

Oh, and obviously the ARF
_DSC0479.JPG
_DSC0480.JPG
_DSC0481.JPG
_DSC0471.JPG
will come all built, covered

Attachments

• _DSC0469.JPG
    _DSC0469.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 244
  • _DSC0472.JPG
    _DSC0472.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 264
  • _DSC0473.JPG
    _DSC0473.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 225
  • _DSC0474.JPG
    _DSC0474.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 265
  • _DSC0475.JPG
    _DSC0475.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 250
  • _DSC0476.JPG
    _DSC0476.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 291
  • _DSC0477.JPG
    _DSC0477.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 237
  • _DSC0478.JPG
    _DSC0478.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 266
I determined where my batteries will be placed and made a small tray out of lite ply. I used basswood rails on the bottom to give it strength and cut some slots for velcro wraps with a ball end mill in my dremel tool. I was going to do some lightening holes but the whole thing was less than an ounce so I left it. Since it holds 10oz or so of batteries there is a lot of G-forces there.

View attachment 17682

Love them blue batteries right there buddy!

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Speaking of G-forces, do you have anything holding those batteries in besides those straps? They are great for side to side movement, but I would be worried about the fore to aft movement and possibly unplugging your batteries in flight! Either a velcro patch on the bottom of each battery or another strap front to back would be cheap insurance and not make the batteries any harder to remove.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sun is shining, perfect day for a maiden!!!! If it were not for the 26mph sustained wing with 37mph gusts:mad::(.

Well, figured before I pack the plane in the trailer for a calm day I would get a couple of family reunion shots with the kit that is currently available vs the new PAU ARF. I've been getting quite a few questions regarding the difference. Basically as noted the ARF is basically a few inches more wingspan, a couple hundred more sq. in. of wing area, a few inches longer, almost exactly the same finished weight, and the elevators are quite a bit larger which will be AMAZING.
and ready to assemble with a couple days work!!:dancing-chicken:

Really really looking forward to this maiden flight!!!

Oh, and obviously the ARFView attachment 17692 View attachment 17693 View attachment 17694 View attachment 17684 will come all built, covered
Two damn fine looking flying machines!:yesss: