• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BME-102 or 3W-100??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
if I can get a new carb I'll just mount it and run it without sending the whole thing to Florida.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
If you can't find a carb let me know, I have one that you can have. You should also have the updated aluminum reed cage as it keeps fuel from puddling. Picture of this engine has the older style Ryton reed cage, it's black.

Attachments

• 3W56_129.jpg
    3W56_129.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 299

thurmma

150cc
When you send it to AI, Gerhardt has the carbs, brand new, I just got one for my 106, in stock. Get the aluminum carb block while you are at it. Those phenolic blocks are very prone to air leaks from delamination and warping. The warping you can fix with sandpaper and a flat surface, but the delamination is harder to get right. I know this because I fought with my 150 TOC for a LONG TIME before I finally put the aluminum carb block on and no more issues :) It will be money well spent.

Bart, you got yourself a classic 3W 100. Those motors actually have more grunt than the 106's.

The warping comes from being overtightened. The Ryton carb mounts did the same thing. I never had any issues with "puddling"with the Ryton blocks. I was always tweeking the needles on my 100/106's. But this was after 10 gallons of fuel to break the engines in.

>>> Ain't it awesome how much better the 3W's run the older they get. <<<

YUP ;)

Attachments

• KIMG0280.jpeg
    KIMG0280.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 291