• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BlueBird HB 50B servos

That, I wish we could do, my man. I understand and respect his position on reselling to the general public, servos that have been previously mounted and used. We discuss that here and there, but there is absolutely no swaying him on that.

ThunderBolt RC doesn't have any instock?

My plan for these is to mount them in my spare set of EG Aircraft Corvus Racer stabs, and beat the living snot out of them! :)

JAG

70cc twin V2
If they are out of stock and someone needs some. A local guy has 7 of them for sale.

Just a "heads up". This is probably more related to Futaba users but I imagine some others as well. I had the signal voltage on port/channel 6 drop to below 3 volts on an older 6014FS and the H50B that was plugged in freaked out and operated very erratic. I swapped to a newer 6014HS and operated all 5 servos in the normal and HS mode. Works great. The signal voltage was 4 volts on all 14 channels. I am considering going back to a Smart Fly board because they boost signal voltage to about 5.5 volts. Bottom line......Those who may use these servos in 35 cent and 42 cent air frames where servo extensions are quite long check to see that signal voltage is adequate (4volts or better).
Have a look here to remedy any signal voltage and more https://giantscalenews.com/threads/fiber-optic-servo-extension.9792/

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Some time has gone by and I never got the other 4 of 6 BLS H50B servos back to Blue Bird for "frequency tuning" as they recommended to me. Kinda glad I didn't. I was saving these servos for a 70 or 100cc airframe to only use 5 of them in the plane. But as with the hobby life got in the way and I found myself switching radio's and downsizing my hangar. The up and down here is that I did a 50cc Extra and decided on a G2 DX8 for my radio. I decided to use one H50B on the rudder. I first installed one of the two "updated" servos and it would jitter and not travel properly (when I was using Futaba gear they worked fine). Great! more grief right?:face-palm:. Well I decided to put one of the ones that had not been "updated" and see if it works. Not only does it work it is blazing fast and strong! So I'm thinking it has to be a compatibility issue between FASST and DSMX technologies and the way they derive 4096 resolution. Makes me wonder if Futaba FASST is really 4096 or the way they code their data packets in frequency. Hmn:oblong:.

Does any one know who might be able to convert my two "updated" servos back to their original configuration and not have to send them all the way back to Tiawan? I plan on sticking with DSMX and really like how the servos work with this technology vice FASST.

0716172034-00.jpg

JoeT

50cc
I think you will need to send these into BB in Taiwan. No choice.

I love these servos, they are strong and fast. But like you said. They do not perform the same on some radios.

I use them on my 120cc Su26 and 70cc 93" Extra. Awesome servos.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just an FYI for H50B users......I sent an E-Mail to Blue Bird describing the issue as I posted earlier and they requested I send all of my servos in for even yet a newer firmware update. They explained new firmware was developed and implemented in March, 2017. So as I now understand it. Three firmware versions...."Original" "V1" "V2".

Reactions: JAG