• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempels Team Edge still operating ?

I have attempted to contact Bill Hempel's Team Edge about purchasing on of their kits several times via email without success. I can't find a telephone number on his website. Does anyone know if he is still in business and selling kits? It appears that his website hasn't been updated this year. Thanks for your answers.

Dave

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I inquired about the extreme decathalon a few times but only got a response on the first email. He said mid summer arrival but never heard back from Bill.

I inquired about the extreme decathalon a few times but only got a response on the first email. He said mid summer arrival but never heard back from Bill.

That's what I was afraid about. I sure would like to have one of his 40% Super Cubs but I'm not getting my hopes up. When a business has no published phone number I get to wondering.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That's what I was afraid about. I sure would like to have one of his 40% Super Cubs but I'm not getting my hopes up. When a business has no published phone number I get to wondering.
A friend of mine bought a Hempel 50% custom Cub. He spent a ton of money on it and when he got it, he was so disappointed by the craftsmanship and overall appearance. He had to work on it and throw more money at it before he could even fly it. Maybe the 40% will be better. I do know Bill has been doing a lot of full scale flying. Not so sure he has much, (if any) to do with the hobby these days. If I were to get a big plane like the cub, I would go Pilot RC Decathlon. My friends 180" is beyond impressive.

A friend of mine bought a Hempel 50% custom Cub. He spent a ton of money on it and when he got it, he was so disappointed by the craftsmanship and overall appearance. He had to work on it and throw more money at it before he could even fly it. Maybe the 40% will be better. I do know Bill has been doing a lot of full scale flying. Not so sure he has much, (if any) to do with the hobby these days. If I were to get a big plane like the cub, I would go Pilot RC Decathlon. My friends 180" is beyond impressive.

If he is not in business anymore it would be nice if he would either take down his website or at least update it telling people he is no longer in business. Getting people all excited about getting one of his planes only to be let down is not nice. Now I understand why there is no phone number listed. I wonder what happens when some trusting soul goes ahead and orders and pays for one on his website ? There are quite a few on youtube and they look pretty good. I have an affinity for the Cubs as I owned one about 10 or 12 years. I'm pretty much set on a Cub. Oh well, it ain't the first time I have been let down. Thanks for replying.

I am still waiting to hear from Bill Hempel. I have left a message for him on Facebook where he says he checks his messages about every hour and sent many emails to him at his address listed on his website. Can anyone out there verify that he is still in business or can someone get a message to him that I am trying to contact him?

Dave easair@charter.net

Ill get a hold of Bill and let him know... He has been flying a lot of full scale lately and been busy with his UAV job. Ill see what I can get out of him.

Did you ever get in touch with Bill? I left a message on his facebook page where he says he checkes his mail once an hour but no response. I get the impression he has no planes in stock for sale.
Dave

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!

from what I can recall there were quality issues with the 1/4 scale Extreme Decathlons also

I had a smaller Pilot Decathlon, the 107" maybe? It was pretty darn nice and I'm sniffing around for another in my local area.
Building is always an option, Marcus Model Factory in Brazil makes probably the nicest giant scale Citabria and Decathlon kits out there.