• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempel's 25% L-4

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Was worried about you Robert....hadn't seen any posts from you in a while...glad to see you back at it!:fist_pump:
With the wife being off for the last two months not much modelling going on. But have started a hatchery (chicken eggs), Peking Duck for future dinners farm, added two gardens, planted several nut and fruit trees, one of my favorites a blue berry and pink berry bush/tree, replaced the pump house somewhere it there, and took a trip.
So as you can see, I've been busy. But the wife has went back to work, guess when, yep yesterday!!!! Woo Hoo….

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Tomorrow became maybe in a couple days. Once the motor was mounted I needed the fuel tank, of which I had none of this small so ordered one. I also decided not to use the expensive titanium ends and carbon tubes on this one so had to order some clevises. I'll post a pic when everything is completed and buttoned up.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh boy. Ordered the clevises from 30 miles away, expected to get them by at least Saturday (3 days shipping). But oh no, it's gonna take five days and a total distance of travel 168 miles. Maybe I shoulda just drove over and got them and some wonder why USPS going bankrupt.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Oh boy. Ordered the clevises from 30 miles away, expected to get them by at least Saturday (3 days shipping). But oh no, it's gonna take five days and a total distance of travel 168 miles. Maybe I shoulda just drove over and got them and some wonder why USPS going bankrupt.
Agreed. I’ve been having a lot of problems with them the last several years. Was supposed to have a package this Tuesday. It’s been sitting idol for 4 days now less than an hour from my shop. They blame it on the virus. I asked them what their excuse was before. They had no reply.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This morning it dawned on me, regular clevises won't work because of rotation. I have plenty of ball links sooooo, all surfaces are hooked up and adjusted. Carb is hooked up via a pull cable, first time for me for this method but a rod was not feasible. If the rudders offset servo arm and fuel tank shows up tomorrow it will get finished by end of the day.

Attachments

• P1090566.JPG
    P1090566.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 397
  • P1090567.JPG
    P1090567.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 428

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good that did not take long. You are almost ready for the next one.
Thanks Snoop! Only two days of work Wednesday and today, not bad, but also a tribute to the simplicity of the kit. Next up is going back, being I am still waiting to hear from EMHW regarding the new gear, it is back to the stripped Challenger and finish it up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Snoop! Only two days of work Wednesday and today, not bad, but also a tribute to the simplicity of the kit. Next up is going back, being I am still waiting to hear from EMHW regarding the new gear, it is back to the stripped Challenger and finish it up.
Looking at the pictures closely it looks like you have nice little four stroke hanging of the front. Put a plane together a little while back for a friend and installed a Gaui 50 cc four stroke just a beautiful engine started it up for him and set it up really like the engine. But that is all I know he flew it once and I have never seen it again. Looked at the OS 40cc four stroke but had the misfortune of a fellow that had one and asked me to help him with it could not get it run right. He eventually sold it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking at the pictures closely it looks like you have nice little four stroke hanging of the front. Put a plane together a little while back for a friend and installed a Gaui 50 cc four stroke just a beautiful engine started it up for him and set it up really like the engine. But that is all I know he flew it once and I have never seen it again. Looked at the OS 40cc four stroke but had the misfortune of a fellow that had one and asked me to help him with it could not get it run right. He eventually sold it.
Yep, it is a NGH 38cc. Have not run it yet but from research they seem to be good engines.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Nothing to do because of rain so I went ahead and attached the tail wire brackets will connect the wires when the clevises get here. Also fitted the cowl, it need's a little bit of cleaning up but otherwise it is done. I am going to see if I can find one of those silicon extensions for the exhaust pipe as it is real close to the side of the cowl and will make a mess down the side of the fuse.

Attachments

• P1090568.JPG
    P1090568.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 424