• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempel's 25% L-4

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I was asked off forum to do an assembly thread on this aircraft so here goes.
For today I just got everything ironed so tomorrow will be some actual assembly. Pics are of delivery, out of box, and unwrapped.

Attachments

• P1090563.JPG
    P1090563.JPG
    296.2 KB · Views: 1,815
  • P1090564.JPG
    P1090564.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 651
  • P1090565.JPG
    P1090565.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 658

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, I reallysuck, out of practice I guess as I got up early this morning and began banging out the assembly. And as of right now everything is done with exception of mounting the engine and installing the rx and battery. And I did not take one pic. So once I figure out how I'm going to mount this NGH 38cc four stroke, I'll mount it. It is a beam mount and I don't like beam for an engine like this so thinking of getting some aluminum plate and making an engine back plate for stand-offs.

WMcNabb

150cc
Well, I reallysuck, out of practice I guess as I got up early this morning and began banging out the assembly. And as of right now everything is done with exception of mounting the engine and installing the rx and battery. And I did not take one pic. So once I figure out how I'm going to mount this NGH 38cc four stroke, I'll mount it. It is a beam mount and I don't like beam for an engine like this so thinking of getting some aluminum plate and making an engine back plate for stand-offs.

Well that was fast! Not even enough time to enjoy the popcorn... :brian-banana:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well that was fast! Not even enough time to enjoy the popcorn... :brian-banana:
Well, it is a simple ARF. The hardest part so far was engine mounting, partly due to I did not like it being a beam mount, but today I caved and mounted it. I still need to fasten the wing servos in place, hook up the engine, and check balance as the moveable items are laid in place. Probably finish it up tomorrow.