Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Bill Hempel 25% Xtreme Decathlon

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by AMO FOCO, Aug 4, 2014.

1. I am thinking about getting a Bill Hempel 25% Xtreme Decathlon for my DLE 55. I want to put a smoke system in it as well. Any thoughts on the plane?

Thanks

2. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

[MENTION=3248]TeamEdge[/MENTION] (Bill Hempel Himself) may have some thought on the subject! I think it's a beautiful plane but have not had the pleasure of seeing one in person so I can't give any advise. Sorry Amo Foco!

3. You're good! TeamEdge, I would love your input on this!

4. [MENTION=3248]TeamEdge[/MENTION]

5. TeamEdge

TeamEdge New to GSN!

AWESOME!

I am here! It is a great airplane and it really looks very sexy! For a 25% model, this airplane looks great! Here are a few pictures... FYI: I am running low on inventory, I think I only have about 5 planes remaining.

Attached Files:

6. What is the AUW? Also, how many servos would I need and how would the DLE 55 with smoke be in this plane?

7. SnowDog

SnowDog Moderator

wow Bill, that sure is a great looking airframe...got any videos of it flying :D :flyer:

8. TeamEdge

TeamEdge New to GSN!

Hey, sorry for the late reply..... I am not used to checking this site often enough as it is still new..

The all up weight is around 15.5-16 pounds with a 55cc engine. We should have video's of the plane here very soon.

BH

9. [video=youtube;DM2mn9ayuRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2mn9ayuRw[/video]

[video=youtube;ADpbX4veLok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADpbX4veLok[/video]

The first videos I have seen of this plane, it looks sweet!!!

10. 3dRCparts.com

3dRCparts.com 70cc twin V2

Has a cortex, sweet