• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Bigfoot wing struts

shannon1978

New to GSN!
I am currently working on building a Bigfoot and having trouble with the wing struts I have located the holes on the wings themselves but have not found the mounting holes on the fuse. The question I have is, is are there any pre-drilled holes for them or do I have to make my own? I really don't want to make any unnecessary holes in the plane. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shannon Harris

SnowDog

I am currently working on building a Bigfoot and having trouble with the wing struts I have located the holes on the wings themselves but have not found the mounting holes on the fuse. The question I have is, is are there any pre-drilled holes for them or do I have to make my own? I really don't want to make any unnecessary holes in the plane. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shannon Harris

I had the same trouble with my Bigfoot - the blind nuts for the struts on the fuselage were not detectable. Here's the solution: use a halogen LED or other small flashlight that will shine brightly...shine it down through the battery tray in the fuselage towards the bottom of the fuse. The light coming through should shine through the blind nut and allow you to locate it. I also measured the distance...the blind nut should be located approx 5.5" behind the *front edge* of the landing gear fairing at the bottom/side corner of the fuselage and approx 3.5" down from the battery tray. I've got two pictures that may or may not help:

20131230_125122.jpg 20131230_125148.jpgh
this shows the dot this is a picture without the light

Another point that may help: I believe the blind nut is secured to the front edge of the former that sits behind the gas tank/battery tray.

Note that on my fuselage there is a small (ok large) rectangular hole beneath the blind nut....that is from me "digging around" to find the bind nut. I only remembered the LED light trick after the fact...:facepalm:

Hope this helps.

If you haven't already, check out the Bigfoot build threads on this forum...there are two of them.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

shannon1978

New to GSN!
I had the same trouble with my Bigfoot - the blind nuts for the struts on the fuselage were not detectable. Here's the solution: use a halogen LED or other small flashlight that will shine brightly...shine it down through the battery tray in the fuselage towards the bottom of the fuse. The light coming through should shine through the blind nut and allow you to locate it. I also measured the distance...the blind nut should be located approx 5.5" behind the *front edge* of the landing gear fairing at the bottom/side corner of the fuselage and approx 3.5" down from the battery tray. I've got two pictures that may or may not help:

View attachment 19847 View attachment 19848h
this shows the dot this is a picture without the light

Another point that may help: I believe the blind nut is secured to the front edge of the former that sits behind the gas tank/battery tray.

Note that on my fuselage there is a small (ok large) rectangular hole beneath the blind nut....that is from me "digging around" to find the bind nut. I only remembered the LED light trick after the fact...:facepalm:

Hope this helps.

If you haven't already, check out the Bigfoot build threads on this forum...there are two of them.

-Mike
That helps out a lot thanks Mike:clap: