• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big News: ZTW B Series ESC's are HERE!

hone

150cc
I am looking to get an 85A B-series for my Motrolfly 4315-714 and I am planning on using a separate BEC so looking at the 85A- OPTO I am confused because the features mention that it has an internal BEC, is that correct? When will these be back in stock.

I've seen people pulling 100A on that motor with a 4s setup so you might want to go a little bigger on the ESC.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I truly like the confidence a separate BEC provides, just in case the ESC goes completely T.U., I still have Rx and servo control to glide back down or turn away from people if needed.

-G

Well true but the BEC can go TU just as easy as the EXC and then you fly of with no control.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Thanks Joe on the higher Amp recommendation. The B-Series has a 115A and it weighs the same as the 85 so I was thinking that anyway.
We all need Good Luck Gary when it comes to electronics.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Hey Tim,
I am looking for an ESC for my Motrolfly 4315-714 for a 3DHS 57" Extra. Right now I am looking at your B-series 115A but can't decide what would be best, the OPTO Brushless Speed Control or the SBEC Brushless Speed Control? I have not yet decided on servos yet meaning I might go HV needing a separate BEC. If not HV then I may just use the internal. Thanks in advance.

TMO

30cc
If you're going with 4S-6S I would personally choose the 115A SBEC. If you are going 6S your amperage will stay correspondingly low, but on 4S you want 100A+ capability for sure. I recommend the SBEC because I like having a sold state throttle when I use HV digital servos with my transmitter on 11ms frame rate. The main reason for OPTO's are HV units- so if you're going to be =< 6S, I think you'll be better off with the solid state throttle. Just disconnect the red wire from the throttle lead connector, and use whatever form of RX power you want. I usually lift the flap on the connector and slide the red pin out, and just tape it back against itself, that way if I want to use it for a different application that needs a SBEC, I can just slide the pin back in. It's not hurting anything for the SBEC to just sit there doing nothing and the ESC will run cooler. It's always there if you want to try it at the 6V setting. But me, I'd go separate with a castle and set the output to 7.4V or just run a 2S lipo straight through.

-Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

rcl_al

New to GSN!
Ordered the ZTW B series 45a about 1:15 today and already have the shipping notification from Quantum. Just wanted to say thanks for the great customer service you always provide.

Richard

TMO

30cc
No Problem. We appreciate you too.

Ordered the ZTW B series 45a about 1:15 today and already have the shipping notification from Quantum. Just wanted to say thanks for the great customer service you always provide.

Richard