• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Not Nose heavy, I have one with the big 3-dub on the front, with the 4 rudder servos in the tail (where they belong) it balances right on the CG! You can easily get it perfect by just moving the batteries an inch one way or the other..

Looking forward to seeing that bad boy in the air again this year!!

I haven't checked in here for a while, interesting debate....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Cant imagine the size battery it takes to drive that motor...geez
I actually did some research on that motor last night. It is actually no longer being produced. As it turns out from what I read, the A100, A200 single motor replaced this four motor setup. This one actually didn't use what you would expect for batteries. But still a bit extreme. The new A100's were supposed to be very economical running motors. If I remember correctly, it was saying 10s, but don't remember the mah. I will have to see if I can find the article again. It was a pretty good read. If you like.....'Lectrics.... that is. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looking forward to seeing that bad boy in the air again this year!!

I haven't checked in here for a while, interesting debate....
That's for certain Terry. I had hoped I get the Hemp to balance with the 176. I have never questioned it's power to weight ratio or if it would fly the Hemp. Biggest concern was getting it to balance. Apparently "I" was wrong. I was told the Hemp is by nature extremely "NOSE" heavy. This I could not attest to as this is the first, (but not the last) 50% I've had. That being said, I'm not going to risk the airframe and the time if it just won't happen. Back to finding a suitable power plant. I still want to do something Unique. :yesss:

I wish DLE, DA, or 3 Dub made a flat six. I think a 333 six would be freaking cool. Yes, GROSSLY overpowered. But hey, throttle management right? LOL

I actually did some research on that motor last night. It is actually no longer being produced. As it turns out from what I read, the A100, A200 single motor replaced this four motor setup. This one actually didn't use what you would expect for batteries. But still a bit extreme. The new A100's were supposed to be very economical running motors. If I remember correctly, it was saying 10s, but don't remember the mah. I will have to see if I can find the article again. It was a pretty good read. If you like.....'Lectrics.... that is. LOL
Besides...... that power system was only good for 40% airplanes. Leseberg had one in a Dalton 260.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
ZDZ makes a 360, which I guess is a beast. I hear their 224 is awesome too. Even the 210 is strong too.
Herbrandson has a 289cc. :)

I've also heard some amazing things about the ZDZ224 in that it pretty much blows away the other 200cc class engines. I'm pondering one for a replacement in my PAU but we will have to see how it shakes out later this summer. Not in the cards right now.