• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best fuel fittings

349a7d2475891084476094e632e61510.jpg

Check out these fittings from: http://www.jehmco.com/html/bulkhead_fittings.html

Much stronger than Fortitude at 5/32" barbs. They can substitute santoprene washers if you ask.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Cool ,

Is any one else liking the siliconized fuel tubing from Asia??? It will handle both fuel mediums comes with a large or small wall thickness and after four years of use in my 30% pilot Edge it is still flexible and no sign of deterioration.
Only thing I noted it will take a memory over a fuel barb. Not that significant of an issue. As a matter of fact it really taks well to brass fuel tubing so a barb is not really necessary as long as the OD of the tube is larger than the ID of the tubing. It will still take a memory however with both fuel mediums (Gas, Glow).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hmmm.....good input. I have not used any of it, but always good information to have for future reference. :way_to_go:

Cool ,

Is any one else liking the siliconized fuel tubing from Asia??? It will handle both fuel mediums comes with a large or small wall thickness and after four years of use in my 30% pilot Edge it is still flexible and no sign of deterioration.
Only thing I noted it will take a memory over a fuel barb. Not that significant of an issue. As a matter of fact it really taks well to brass fuel tubing so a barb is not really necessary as long as the OD of the tube is larger than the ID of the tubing. It will still take a memory however with both fuel mediums (Gas, Glow).
"...take a memory..."? Never heard this term before. What does it mean?

Via TapaTalk

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
"...take a memory..."? Never heard this term before. What does it mean?

Via TapaTalk
"Taking a memory".... Basically what a lot of fellas refer to when fuel tubing does not return to its original form when released from what ever it is or was attached to. Buy a 6 foot section of Tygon fuel line from a roll. It naturally wants to "curl" up. Put an end of fuel tubing on a fuel barb and leave it for a while. Once removed, it naturally wants to retain the shape of the fuel barb. "MEMORY". I've seen this also with servo lead. "That" however is simple hardening of the coating on the wires. Over time, that hardening can become so brittle the insulation will break. Hence the reason I use silicone covered wires. Less likely to harden. Fuel tubing will also harden over time. Depending on fuel selections and length of time it has been in service or just sitting around unused. It is very unlikely there will be "NO" memory effect on any brand of fuel tubing over time.

Last edited:

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Cool ,

I took a chance on it a few years ago. It is much, much better than the standard Tygon tubing. It retains it's elasticity far longer and it's cheaper to boot. Win-Win.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I took a chance on it a few years ago. It is much, much better than the standard Tygon tubing. It retains it's elasticity far longer and it's cheaper to boot. Win-Win.
I just tried some in my new Dalton. I believe its dubro brand. I am hoping for the best!

gareth.ky

New to GSN!
Interesting fittings. Its a little annoying that you have to call them up to have an order but the product looks good/useful.