• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Best 3d starter plane

Welder617

New to GSN!
Just getting into 3D and looking at 3DHS and extreme flight planes for my first. I just need some guidance in the best starter plane for someone who is just gettining into 3d. I have the twisted hobbys crapck pitts biplane. I like the vyper biplane but also like the 41" edge. I'm looking for the best plane with the best set up for the lesser money. I don't want the most expensive plane but don't mind putting good parts in a smaller plane. Any advice and tips would be great. If at all possible I noticed that most people are running the omega72g on the 41" edge but the motor is out of stock everywhere ive looked. What is the next best set up for that plane? Is the torque, or hacker motor just as good? aslo if recommend any other planes please tell me the best motor and esc for that model. Thanks

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
A foamy is your best first 3d bird. Most of them all fly relatively the same so go somewhat cheap on your first as you'll likely smacking it into the ground regularly.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like your thinking electric in the 40" range? People really like the Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300EXP or a 44" 3DHS Slick540/580 would be a good choice. It really depends on how forgiving of a bird you need. Something like a Multiplex Stuntmaster made of foam would be more forgiving especially flying over grass. As BBCorvette18 mentioned, a foamy is the best way to learn 3D. Once you feel proficient with basic IMAC maneuvers in all orientations, I'd suggest moving slowly up the ladder with a larger airframe. The smaller name brand planes mentioned above will feel like a larger bird compared to a foamy, yet you still wont feel the mass of a gasser. Hope that helps somehow.