• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

battery tray failure

mazjag

50cc
I want to say the large...It was a 5 cell 5000ma..I`m getting some new ones in and I`ll pm you the correct size..love the straps....

Av8r RC

50cc

SnowDog

I use two straps on all my planes...except my 47" Vyper...but the one strap on there is 2" wide HD industrial strength velcro, so it's pretty strong.
I never use the straps that come with the planes...not even close to being strong enough, in my opinion. I always use 1" HD velcro for each strap.

3dbandit

100cc
No matter how much velcro you use there is still a risk of breaking the battery tray out.

A few years back I ejected the battery tray on my 71" slick causing it to crash. I was using self adhesive on the tray, and 2x2" wide straps around the tray and batteries. Ever since that happened I have reinforced the tray with carbon fiber and/or triangle stock, no more problems.