• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Had a chance to set the dihedral and glue the wing halves to the center section. Not much but it's progress.

It's kind of hard to drop what your doing and pick it up a month later. I've been working on the wing for the past couple of nights to fit the joints properly. It's nice to see it fit together so nicely. :)

DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0034.JPG DSC_0035.JPG

Tseres

150cc
It's been since last winter since I worked on the Camel. Yesterday I decided to take it off the shelf and get some more sticks glued in. I think I
'll have enough time this winter to finish this plane up. My Friend Mike Sharp is also building on so It would be nice to fly some formation with him next season.

Had a pretty goo evening gluing sticks yesterday. Put in the landing gear block in. Sheeted the bottom and put some more shear webs in where they were missing.
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Things were going well this evening. Got the top of the center section sheeted. then I was going to put in the aileron extension access holes in the top sheeting. Couldn't find my step drill so I decided to use a dremel tool with a sanding drum. Just like in the instructions. Simple enough but the Sanding Belt came apart and shredded the sheeting. Oh well. Its only wood. I'll fix it in a couple of days.
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Thanks Bart. It's nice to have one of my projects on the front page.

For those of you that are seeing this for the first time. It's a winter build. I decided to keep this as a strictly winter project last winter. It is now time to work on it again. As I'm writing this. I see big snowflakes falling outside the window. That to me spells "Building Season". I look forward to having more building time this winter and I expect this project to be finished by the start of flying season around the middle of March.

Tseres

150cc
Since I Re-Retired yesterday. I have time during the day to work on my planes. :)

Have the sheeting repaired that I messed up 2 days ago, Finished sheeting the center section. Finished the cap strips and glued on the leading edge. Almost feeling like I'm back in the saddle again.:yesss:

To keep in the mood. I had to start the day with some Caramel Apple Walnut Pie and a spot of tea. :)

IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1459.JPG

Last edited:
@Seres, glad to hear you Retired....Again. lol maybe we'll get to fly more together this coming summer. I'll be watching this build thread to see how your coming along.