• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
I stuck with it today. I usually louse interest when I get to the piddly stuff. Made up some paper tubes for the wiring in the lower wing. I'll have to take the outboard wing sections off to transport so I don't want extensions to fall inside the wing. The holes were to small to be fishing for wires. Also started caping the blind nuts on the lower wing. Wings are close to being ready for covering.

Going to fiberglass and paint the front section of the fuse so I'm prepping the cracks with some putty. Also made up and mounted the cover for the battery box.

I'm back and forth about putting stitching on the wings. It would add to the cost and its close to flying season. Besides, no one can see it at 60mph.
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG
IMG_1870.JPG
IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I finished caping the T-nuts in the lower wing and put some fiberglass on the fuse. I must have gotten the wrong polly cause it sure dries slow. I think I was supposed to get the Acrylic stuff. Oh well. I'm sure this will work but will take longer.. While the Poly is drying I'm starting to cover the wings.Bottom of the top wing is done. :)
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1877.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG

Tseres

150cc
My Lilac bush seems to think it's April. Hope it don't freeze up.

Spent most of the day making up tabs for the flying wires. This is another area I have no idea what I'm doing but it seemes to be working. Also made up the push rod for the ailerons. That should be all the soldering. Yay!
IMG_1884.JPG
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1898.JPG

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I do love the old WW1 birds. I'd like to build one, one day. I'd LOVE to have a BUSA 1/3 scale Albatross, but it's a little above my building skills and ALLOT above my wallet. . . . . :laughing: Keep up the great work on your Camel Tom.

David

Tseres

150cc
Have the wood cut to size for the struts and landing gear. Debbie got ambitious today and painted the pilot. I'll have to clear coat it Tomorrow. Looks to nice not to protect it.

IMG_1899.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1906.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1908.JPG