• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Baffled on Baffling...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Can anyone tell me the exact name and thickness of the foam they use for baffling? I looked at Michael's here in town and all they have is super thin, like 3-4mm stuff that is super flimsy and other hobby store has none.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Terry. I have given all of mine away, so I can't provide SKU numbers. However, at my local Michaels, they only had two thicknesses. One was about 1/6-3/32, and the other was about 1/4" (+/-). The larger variety is what you need. It works beautifully. Very flexible and heat resistant. If you want, I'll go buy you some tomorrow and ship it to you, assuming they have it in stock.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks but I can probably get it free shipping on Amazon prime if I can get a package description. Not even sure the brand name exactly (sp)

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
The real Creatology foam has several nice attributes, one of which is its heat resistance.. So make sure whatever you buy,(if it isn't "Creative Foam") has the same qualities.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
I used the creative foam from Michael's. Worked great, I had a DA150 template from a previous project that worked well enough to get started. Easy to use, glued in place with household silicone.