• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Another day at the park

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Yeah thanks buddy. It was great when I asked if he had seen this before, and he said many times on youtube.

maxx4wd

50cc
Classic response! I always bring my fpv glider for the times when they ask to fly the plane - then I just stick the goggles on then and let them tell me where they want to fly works every time :)

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Well that was a good experience at the park. I've had bad runs at the fly park. Mostly good, but sometimes after I have flown, people would ask how I do that. I would say I practice on the sim. I would tell them that I just feel how the plane re-acts. Mostly the guys that have been flying for years don't believe me. Then they try it and crash. Long story short, many have blamed me LOL for them crashing. Attitudes spread. And tension arises. I just like to have fun and offer the best help I can give when asked. Now I'm not a professional, but I do a lot of research and I try to build planes that can do just about anything within the scope of flying. Others I've talked too want to be able to just harrier or hover, but some just cant ever get it to work. Some can, some cant. I really enjoyed those kids asking questions and being respectful about it. One of them really tried hard to fly my plane LOL. This is my first and only plane I have, or have had in five years. If I had more planes I would have given him mine. I'm glad I caught that on video.

maxx4wd

50cc
Awesome! This hobby is great and seeing positive interaction with those that may be getting exposed to flying for the first time is such a cool feeling. Sometimes frustrating as you know, because It takes a lot of work to just keep a bird in the air at first - and conveying that to an onlooker isn't so simple especially since they just want to try it out. We have a lot of pattern only fliers at the club that want to try 3d but at the same time just want to fly circles and sometimes this is the hardest crowd to please (as you've alluded to) and it's funny how it is your fault that they crashed the plane that you let them try. I've had the same response - I usually just let those that want to try, try it out (for better or worse) and those that want to do their own thing then I just leave them be. Don't know if that's the best tactic but seams to piss off the least amount of club members :)