• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anderson/Sermos Power Poles

I am looking at ordering some new batteries for next season. I hate soldering and what thinking about switcheing over to Sermos connectors. I just wanted to see who is using them here and how they like them before I start clipping off my old connectors. I am using mostly EC3 and XT60 connectors at this time, I am going to try Glacier batteries this year so I have to change over my ESCs to do that; so I guess it is between Deans and Sermos since Glacier uses Deans connectors.

Also, the Sermos connectors that fit my application from a size/weight standpoint would be rated at 30 Amps. I have a few planes that pull in the 100A range. Guys at the club are using the 30A ones in applications that pull more amps that that (going by the ESC rating). Is that safe to do or I am setting myself up for a fire?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I use the 45A power pole inserts on 100+ amps no problem. I love them and use them whenever possible. Just make sure you get the correct ratcheting crimping tool and use it correctly and you'll love them as well.

I even use a set of the 75A from my ICE HV120 on my 89 slick...but needed to get a new crimper for those large ones.

Thanks! Looks like they have everything Sermos. You know of any paraboards for these connectors or do you just use a harness when parallel charging?