• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AMA and Multirotors

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Saw this in an add on non R/C website yesterday.
View attachment 12114

"Whatever you fly"... "Wherever you fly".."AMA has got you covered".. is NOT the message that the AMA should be spreading..... THIS IS A MEMBERSHIP BUILDING PLOY THAT WILL DEFINATELY HURT US ALL....... The AMA is definitely sending out the wrong message........ maybe someone should start a NEW CBO that proposes the message that ALL modelers can follow and begin the end of the AMA.
I have been a faithful AMA member since 1985 and was proud of being a member..... but this message is sickening me terribly.
I saw the same ad , yesterday, in a popup on my Comcast internet page.........just pathetic.

Last edited:

njswede

150cc
The PDF document is very long and full of boring financial analysis, but if I'm reading it correctly, there will be a simple certification process of commercial operators costing in the neighborhood of $300. That's awesome! Isn't this sort of the best-case scenario? Time to celebrate?

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Still a while to go, publish the draft, public comments, address public comments etc.

But again, we are back on the good news common sense side. Of course, some political appointee with a completely different attitude could be in charge by the time this comes full circle so, who knows right?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Here is what the document says about us as modelers/enthusiasts and NOT commercial operators, section 336.

10917110_10206626211640906_3905904311303345963_n.jpg

According to this, those of us who do this for recreational purposes are 100% exempt from the FAA regulations, we only have to follow our own pre existing guidelines. I think those of us who work for model companies that don't do commercial operations with model aircraft are exempt.