• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC All New 3.1m Radiowave Giles 202 Competition Series Build Thread

BalsaDust

Looking good. Makes me want to get back to drawing on the Giles I'm working on but too many other builds to knock out first.

BalsaDust

Yeah pretty much. 60'ish wingspan and right at 1000 sq in of wing area. DLE20 for power and hope to keep the weight at 7lbs or less, once you get to 7-1/2lbs the dle20 starts lacking in the power department.

BalsaDust

IMG_7018.PNG
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_7020.JPG

This is as far as I had gotten before I started working on other builds I needed to knock out. Had a buddy use devwing to draw up the wing to the specs I wanted but everything else will be done by hand. A few things are changing on the wing as well such as I will be doing a double bevel on the hinge line and it's been suggested that I move the wing tube either forward or aft of the main spar.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
We tend to use the high spot on the root for the tube if possible. Dev wing is a good program. I Like your drawing. Good luck with it

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
So while I decided to take the weekend off, Al came to the shop and got the fuse sides glued on. So now the basic structure of the fuselage is really coming together.

Picture #1A and 1B are some larger images of some previous posts Al showed how we went in and glued some of the cross bracing and also the Motorbox to the fuselage top plate. Again all this was done with Titebond as you can see the bottle in the picture.

100_3286.JPG

100_3288.JPG

After the motorbox was glued to the Top plate we were ready to move onto the fuselage sides. So in the following section here are some pictures of mounting both the fuselage sides.

Picture #2 shows the top plate as a back bone of the fuselage.
100_3292.JPG

Picture #3 show the first fuselage side being glued and mounted to the fuselage.

100_3295.JPG

Picture #4 shows the fuse side from the outside where you can see all the places it tabs into the formers.

100_3294.JPG

Picture #5 show how you glue in the Fuselage floors before gluing the second side onto the fuse. The floors are not required but they do a great job of adding stiffness those sections and give you tons of options for mounting your receiver, batteries, etc.. later on. Also The fuselage doublers are notched for them to fit in between the doubler and 3/8" longeron.

100_3296.JPG

Picture #6 shows a top shot of both trays installed in the airplane.

100_3305.JPG

Picture #7 is the tail wheel mounting plate being installed between the F8 former and Tail post. The middle former is not a full former, it is just an additional support former the tail wheel mounting plate.

100_3307.JPG

Last edited:

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
So one of our local customers ordered a MX2 competition Series last week and picked up the foam parts on Thursday night and the wood parts to complete the kit yesterday. Here is a picture of what he as done in less then 24 hours on the fuse.

Dales_mx.jpg

Not to mention that he has the stabs and rudder already sheeted because he did that over the weekend.