• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

testing, testing.... ok... works good..... Ufff, I thought I lost my home!!!! 3Drcforums is Back!!!!

So guys, this is the update with my laser..... I order a new Plane, the thing is that I had before is the Retro scheme, and now I order the Competition scheme... I have the cowling, left wing and ruder, complete and in a good shape. If one of you guys have the retro, and you want to keep some parts, please let me know, in other case I'll have to sent this to the trash can by the end of this week.....

The mos important part is this: FREEEEEEE!!!!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
We all like FreeFifty!! Cool man! Be sure to post some pics!!!! I'm happy to see that this page transferred over to the new site just wonderfully!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So I flew my 71" slick, and a few different airplanes with no issues. I re-orientated the antennas in the Laser, range check no problem. I flew for eight minutes, was in a semi-knife edge pass (going the other direction this time) about the same distance (roughly 100-150 yards) and I got locked out again for 2-3 seconds, when I got the controls back it instantly climbed and rolled right (where my sticks were at that time) so it was a lock out. My engine ran smooth both times when this happened. I'm guessing the receiver or maybe the Tech Aero IBEC is my next go to? I'd imagine if the battery was the issue it would kill the engine? It's stupid I cannot duplicate this on the ground... very frustrating because the plane is flying great.

Bipenut53

150cc
I don't think it would be the IBEC, do you have another receiver you could use? What receiver are you using right now? Was it new when you put it in the airplane? I hate that uneasy feeling of not trusting the airplane.....

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Futaba R6208SB, brand spankin new. Curious if the Tech Aero was emitting feed back causing the brief interruption.
I soldered two leads (Y-Harness with two Rx plugs and on Deans batt plug) to from the battery deans connector to the receiver to share the load, so I don't think it had a bad battery connection. Just sport scale flying, so I don't think electronic overheating would be an issue either.
I could not have added enough foam insulation around the RX or IBEC either... maybe? dunno
Took me a while to gain the confidence to fly it again, then this happened again. I'm going to buy another receiver and send this one in anyways.... but I hate not knowing!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Yep I agree completely with you! The tech aero IBEC in my opinion is the best on the market because it separates the receiver from the ignition. I would be interested if you found the problem there because that is what I am putting in my new 100cc plane now and I have found very little bad said about it. I did a lot of research and talking to other people before I went that way.... Anything could happen though

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's what they found... Nothing

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    410 KB · Views: 508

Bipenut53

150cc
Wow that sucks!!!! So it has to be something interfering with the signal. I hate it when I cant find what is causing the problem...... So what is going to be your next step Nick?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Still thinking an intermittent failure on the receiver. So new receiver for sure. Maybe a ferrite ring around the tech aero? Or a new tech aero. Engine was running great even during the lock out, so I doubt it's a battery issue since the tech aero runs off the rx.