• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

Here is the 56" elevator throw. I held it slightly as it was not staying, but the servo would have the juice to do this.

DSCN0504 (1600x1200).jpgDSCN0505 (1600x1200).jpg

Maybe [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] can add a few details, but here is what I remember.

56" and 73" in build.
Estimating by the end of May
92" close to finished, Andrew is getting another set of wings and if they pass, then they go into production. That would mean August timeframe.

56" uses a slightly bigger motor than the 51" slick. 4s 3300 setup. A40-10L?
HS-85MG servos

73" he has used a A60-5S setup with 8s 4400s. That one had a 20x11 prop on it I think.
The other one has a A60-7S setup with 10s 3900s. 22x10 Falcon electric.

The 92" has a Q80-8M setup with a super high pitch prop on it. It has some serious speed. 12s 5000.

They are all going to SEFF mid week, so maybe those folks can hook us up with footage.

I picked up the brochure and I will see if I can get a image up tomorrow.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Hey, if I am qualified to make parts for Boeing, Airbus, Sikorsky, etc, I can make parts for AJ Aircraft!

Here are photos of the brochure they were giving out at the show. Eventually I will get it scanned, once I get my laptop to play nice with the machine.

IMG_1463 (1600x1200).jpg

IMG_1464 (1600x1200).jpg

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Maybe [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] can add a few details, but here is what I remember.

56" and 73" in build.
Estimating by the end of May
92" close to finished, Andrew is getting another set of wings and if they pass, then they go into production. That would mean August timeframe.

56" uses a slightly bigger motor than the 51" slick. 4s 3300 setup. A40-10L?
HS-85MG servos

73" he has used a A60-5S setup with 8s 4400s. That one had a 20x11 prop on it I think.
The other one has a A60-7S setup with 10s 3900s. 22x10 Falcon electric.

The 92" has a Q80-8M setup with a super high pitch prop on it. It has some serious speed. 12s 5000.

They are all going to SEFF mid week, so maybe those folks can hook us up with footage.

I picked up the brochure and I will see if I can get a image up tomorrow.

Matt, I'm not going to try to add anything to your thorough report. Seriously, I was at my first "expo" and just enjoyed putting faces to names and forum tags. They were all great and very giving with the info about their products. No negativity at all. Matt was a great tour guide as we made our way around the expo center. Great lunch at Pockos with Hopper and Dr. Gonzo and the kids too.

Hornetnz posted this over on RCG.

"The website is coming along well guys! We're hoping to scratch off a couple more to-do list items and then turn the site on so you guys can browse. We will be alerting everyone that has added their email to the current site the minute that happens. If you haven't done so, head over to http://aj-aircraft.com/ and get added to the list! The plan from there is to open pre-orders once the kits are confirmed to be floating our way from China. In the mean time, here's a little gem to drool over. :)"

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks for pasting Gonzo!
That's a great shot.

Last edited by a moderator: