• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

AKfreak

150cc
If you find yourself high on a final approach, you need to forward Slip to land. It will slow the airplane way way down, and you can drop a bunch of altitude in a very short ground track distance.

Did you run out of gas, or overheat and loose power?

Yowzilla

50cc
If you find yourself high on a final approach, you need to forward Slip to land. It will slow the airplane way way down, and you can drop a bunch of altitude in a very short ground track distance.

Did you run out of gas, or overheat and loose power?

There were several issues that caused this.

1. I did not check temps early in flight. Cowl was not open enough. Engine got hot and died.
2. After I was too high on first approach the engine quit right when you here me say "oh no!"
3. The elevator was not blighting on low rates. Due to tail wind??
4. When I flipped to high rates ( from 20 deg to 45 deg) the plane instantly stalled.
5. The 30 mph tail wind did not help.

I replayed this on the simulator. 9 out of 10 time I landed in short distance keeping into wind. 3 out of 10 times I was able to tun and land but need high rates.

I will practice the forward slip. Rudder and opposite aileron to see how it drops the plane.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Usually air mail does not hold it more then a day. I would be shocked if it was more than that. Also I have crashed and semi crashed several aeroplus air frames for various reasons over the last 3 year and ever time I am surprised at how little damage there is.

AKfreak

150cc
There were several issues that caused this.

1. I did not check temps early in flight. Cowl was not open enough. Engine got hot and died.
2. After I was too high on first approach the engine quit right when you here me say "oh no!"
3. The elevator was not blighting on low rates. Due to tail wind??
4. When I flipped to high rates ( from 20 deg to 45 deg) the plane instantly stalled.
5. The 30 mph tail wind did not help.

I replayed this on the simulator. 9 out of 10 time I landed in short distance keeping into wind. 3 out of 10 times I was able to tun and land but need high rates.

I will practice the forward slip. Rudder and opposite aileron to see how it drops the plane.

Remember when slipping, you have to push the nose down a little to keep from stalling.

gyro

GSN Contributor
So you have to buy replacement parts from China. I assumed that replacement parts were available from Limitless in TX (USA)

Kole keeps some routine stuff in stock (canopy, cowl, gear) but a few of the larger pieces come via air freight from overseas.

Right Kole?

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We won't stock wood parts until the next container just canopy and cowl and gear. These planes came in a small order so we could have them at joe nall. Normal I would pull it from a kit but we sold out already.

AKfreak

150cc
I see, thanks for the clarification. Stocking small parts is huge, and doing so sets your business in a class among the leaders in the industry. The more I look at your stuff the more I want it, it's beautiful. That 123 is amazing, and that all white edge is beautiful.

Yowzilla

50cc
Remember when slipping, you have to push the nose down a little to keep from stalling.

Man thanks for suggesting forward slipping. I googled it and just did a dozen or so hot approaches way up just to see if I can still shut it down before the end of the runway (on Sim). I started to go nuts on my speed and some times got in to a weak knife edge. The plane dropped and I was in control the entire time... The one thing that I noticed is you need to let the sticks go just before touching to keep the wing tips from scraping...but regardless you can burn real speed and float out of a plane using rudder and opposite aileron... Thanks again..this is a must have skill...