• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

The pipe needs to go back several more inches. This was clearly designed to have no servo in the way. The amount above the canister mount is how much room I have for a servo.

I will see if elevating the servo leads to wire issues or not. This is all making me want to wait for the EME-70 and put this motor into the Drastik. Didn't this plane build out a little tail heavy?

3dbandit

100cc
All this talk got me motivated to work on mine. Just hit a major snag. RE2 won't fit with the existing rudder servo location. I can run the Pitts muffler I have already and call it good or attempt to modify the rudder servo up. I don't see a place to put it in the rear for a push pull. Not sure the cables will take the servo being elevated.

View attachment 22746

View attachment 22747

How about putting shims bellow the servo to raise it up?

The issue is how the cables will hit the fuse because they are designed to go at a certain angle. @lovesxtra came up with a below the arm standoff idea, but that has a lot of stress on the assembly.

Based on my need for a motor for the Drastik, which was previously setup for a DA-60 and my love of twins, and the fact the 70 is coming out in a few week I think I will go with that plan. That takes this plane off the bench till after Nall.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You Didnt.....Would have loved to seen that LOL Video?

Well, not to detract too much from this thread, but it just so happens that it WAS filmed :p [video=youtube;r0gnGQwCrH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gnGQwCrH4[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, not to detract too much from this thread, but it just so happens that it WAS filmed :p [video=youtube;r0gnGQwCrH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gnGQwCrH4[/video]

it's quite visible what happened... it was the turdigy batts.

Started working on mine again. Decided to try a smoke system out as the motor came with a smoke muffler. Picked up the handy dual mount Jason debuted at the fort smith FLI last year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400891652.433393.jpg

Had to get creative with where to put the vents as there is no hard points on the bottom.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400891721.876453.jpg