• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 45% Extra 300 assembly

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
In all my years of doing GS, I've only seen one, maybe two instances of people having a legitimate problem with a carbon backplate delaminate from heat. I did not hesitate to bolt one up and use it on the ZDZ. The only problem I've had with the carbon spinner is I needed to trim the prop cutout slightly at the event Friday because it was knocking against the prop.

We forgot the camcorder but there was a professional cameraman on site yesterday filming all the action.

Kyle Woyshnis flew it and seemed to like it a lot. Very predictable and super floaty. I think we're at around 20 flights on the ZDZ180 now, I lost track with all of the flying we did! The needles are still set super rich so I can probably lean it out and get it dialed in now, it was pulling the airplane around as good as the other guys with DA200's on their 40% airplanes, running burbling rich!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Duly noted, thanks :) @Bunky.F.Knuckle

I'd like to make this post to thank everyone who assisted me along the way. A 40% airplane is not a little airplane by any means and requires plenty of skill and know-how to get it set up right the first time so it will last for many countless flights. There are a few people I'd like to personally take the time to thank, the first of which is Joe Mitchell and his lovely wife Nicole (not sure if Joe is on here or not). Joe has been an invaluable resource of information and has always answered my calls and questions whenever I had some I wasn't sure of. It was him I went to right away when I knew I was going to need a monster engine for this airplane and he has had nothing but the most outstanding customer service the entire way. It's one thing to offer customer service at the time of purchase, but another thing entirely to continue to offer it well after the purchase is complete. I will definitely be buying more ZDZ's in the future!!

@Terryscustom himself has also been a huge resource of information whenever I needed some tips or advice on airplane setup (particularly with setting up servos for the rear carb design on the ZDZ). I thank you for putting up with all of my silly questions, without your advice there's just no way I'd have been able to set this airplane up correctly.

@SupaTim has always been my go-to guy for all of my airplane needs- from fuel dots, to IBEC's, to props, engines, batteries, extensions.... He's always been a real cool and down to earth guy and gotten me some sweet gear along the way. He's gone out of his way to help me out with wheel pants and a pilot head and because of that I adorn all my aircraft with NorthWest RC decals to show my support. If you need something then be sure to hit him up, he'll get you setup and squared away, super fast shipping on everything too!!

And of course thanks to to all of my other flying buds and forum buds that have all chipped in advice here and there, it's great to have a community of guys around here that we can all share ideas and advice.

Thanks guys!

IMG_9194 copy.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

I'd like to make this post to thank everyone who assisted me along the way. A 40% airplane is not a little airplane by any means and requires plenty of skill and know-how to get it set up right the first time so it will last for many countless flights. There are a few people I'd like to personally take the time to thank, the first of which is Joe Mitchell and his lovely wife Nicole (not sure if Joe is on here or not). Joe has been an invaluable resource of information and has always answered my calls and questions whenever I had some I wasn't sure of. It was him I went to right away when I knew I was going to need a monster engine for this airplane and he has had nothing but the most outstanding customer service the entire way. It's one thing to offer customer service at the time of purchase, but another thing entirely to continue to offer it well after the purchase is complete. I will definitely be buying more ZDZ's in the future!!

@Terryscustom himself has also been a huge resource of information whenever I needed some tips or advice on airplane setup (particularly with setting up servos for the rear carb design on the ZDZ). I thank you for putting up with all of my silly questions, without your advice there's just no way I'd have been able to set this airplane up correctly.

@SupaTim has always been my go-to guy for all of my airplane needs- from fuel dots, to IBEC's, to props, engines, batteries, extensions.... He's always been a real cool and down to earth guy and gotten me some sweet gear along the way. He's gone out of his way to help me out with wheel pants and a pilot head and because of that I adorn all my aircraft with NorthWest RC decals to show my support. If you need something then be sure to hit him up, he'll get you setup and squared away, super fast shipping on everything too!!

And of course thanks to to all of my other flying buds and forum buds that have all chipped in advice here and there, it's great to have a community of guys around here that we can all share ideas and advice.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 91134
Some real top shelf fellas there Tanner. Don't dis-include yourself from the list.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Thanks guys!

View attachment 91134
You sure look like a happy camper there!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Some pics. Kyle Woyshnis really seemed to enjoy the airplane when I let him tug the sticks :)

IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_9305.jpg
IMG_9231.jpg
IMG_9239.jpg
IMG_9249.jpg

I am very much enjoying this airplane, it flies extremely well with the light setup I have in it. I do want to push the CG forward a little, I had to give it down trim to fly straight which is creating some odd coupling on right knife edge. Might get some Pulse batteries for it as well.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
In all my years of doing GS, I've only seen one, maybe two instances of people having a legitimate problem with a carbon backplate delaminate from heat. I did not hesitate to bolt one up and use it on the ZDZ. The only problem I've had with the carbon spinner is I needed to trim the prop cutout slightly at the event Friday because it was knocking against the prop.

We forgot the camcorder but there was a professional cameraman on site yesterday filming all the action.

Kyle Woyshnis flew it and seemed to like it a lot. Very predictable and super floaty. I think we're at around 20 flights on the ZDZ180 now, I lost track with all of the flying we did! The needles are still set super rich so I can probably lean it out and get it dialed in now, it was pulling the airplane around as good as the other guys with DA200's on their 40% airplanes, running burbling rich!!
Awesome job! I'm really diggin the scheme on the bottom.