• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

87†3DHS Extra 300 SHP w/DA-60

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
You can see the two "nails" in the pic below. They are about 0.375" diameter by 9" long. If I'm not flying with anyone or there is nobody at the field to help me start the plane I trust this restraint to start/idle the engine only; a DLE-111. Once I'm started I go stand in front of the horizontal stabilizer and use the back of my legs to hold the plane if I run up the RPM.

The restraint is inexpensive to make, easy to transport and works great.

Starting Buddy.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I finally got out today to fly my 87" SHP it has been too long, man this flys so good. First time out with the 8FG and the 14 ch receiver. I am really liking the Vess Stealth 24b. The 24x8 Xoar was not enough prop for the DA-60. There is only a slight increase in top speed but at least it does not feel like it is in third gear. Pullout is still great and takes off in no time even with 1/3 throttle.

gyro

GSN Contributor
went back looking for this awesome build log as I get into my own 87 build, and realized we'd never made it an article.

Fixed! :ecstatic:

B

Blucor Basher

Very nice job, certainly one of the cleanest DA60 installs I've seen on an 87". Very nice work.