• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

800cc Radial?!?!? YES!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It certainly sounds good though. How do the rocker arms get lubricated on a Saito or OS glow 4 stroke?
Crank pressure forcing blow by into the main bearing and cam housing and up past the lifters into the guide tubes. That's why it is important for the tube o rings to stay in good condition. The radial does the same thing but via bleeder pressure into the crank. The piston also in the downward "intake stroke" allows enough negative pressure in the rocker house that the bottom side of piston pushes oil mist were it needs to go so rocker cover gaskets need to be in good shape as well. Newer OS designs force it through the crank and bleed hole in the crank so sealed bearings can be used. YS does this but for different reasons and different bearing sealing measures for increased crank pressure on performance models.

Gary, I know I'm preaching to the choir.lol Just repaired a OS 91 FS Surpass and a YS 53 for club members.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Crank pressure forcing blow by into the main bearing and cam housing and up past the lifters into the guide tubes. That's why it is important for the tube o rings to stay in good condition. The radial does the same thing but via bleeder pressure into the crank. The piston also in the downward "intake stroke" allows enough negative pressure in the rocker house that the bottom side of piston pushes oil mist were it needs to go so rocker cover gaskets need to be in good shape as well. Newer OS designs force it through the crank and bleed hole in the crank so sealed bearings can be used. YS does this but for different reasons and different bearing sealing measures for increased crank pressure on performance models.

Gary, I know I'm preaching to the choir.lol Just repaired a OS 91 FS Surpass and a YS 53 for club members.
Hmm...and all this time I thought you were just a cheeseburger eaten guy. You are actually quite intelligent huh? :brian-banana:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hmm...and all this time I thought you were just a cheeseburger eaten guy. You are actually quite intelligent huh? :brian-banana:

Nah. Just been fixing toy engines for a long time. I have had my fair share of "Unfixable, Totaled, Write off, Obliterated, Shelled, Grenaded, Blown, Fried, Hosed, Hammered, F bombed, Seized, Broken, Wont Run, Crap, POS, My little Pony, Daddies little Gem,
Nightmare, Needle Dicker, Fuel Sucker, Sucked, Iron Blitz, Boat Anchor, Rod Pounder, Douche, Bummer Banger, Hondo Havoc,
Scorched, Idiot Machine, and Runs OK!"

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Nah. Just been fixing toy engines for a long time. I have had my fair share of "Unfixable, Totaled, Write off, Obliterated, Shelled, Grenaded, Blown, Fried, Hosed, Hammered, F bombed, Seized, Broken, Wont Run, Crap, POS, My little Pony, Daddies little Gem,
Nightmare, Needle Dicker, Fuel Sucker, Sucked, Iron Blitz, Boat Anchor, Rod Pounder, Douche, Bummer Banger, Hondo Havoc,
Scorched, Idiot Machine, and Runs OK!"
And those were the things that can be printed! After trying to start my OS GT-55, and calling it and Tower Hobbies Service all sorts of unprintable things that would make Bill Belichick blush, my wife asked: "so aren't you supposed to be having fun doing this? So why don't you just go buy an engine that actually runs"? So I called DA and received DA-60 s/n 0002 and that was the end of that. My buddy still has it 4 years later and I have bought several more DA's since then.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@stangflyer hooked me up with my 2015 projects (Thank you brother!) No radial's but AWSOME non the less.
Photo244.jpg

reyn3545

100cc
OK.. that was a very impressive 800cc motor.. but WHY would someone stand in front and to the right of ANY motor with a video camera? Where's the prop going if something unplanned happens? Forward and to the right. I know Goetz Vogelsang is a very professional and capable dealer and modeler... surprised that he'd put that on the internet.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well when you consider Engine Fair operators firing off Pratt & Whitney WASP radials, with
camera man in same orientation, standing around it does not seem that bad but you are most correct. And as some one said...."the stand" WTF!