• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Agreed the hold modes would not be any fun. Just a parlor trick Buffering the wind just a smidge would be awesome! Auto roller would not be very impressive. You would not be able to do a rolling loops or do significant change of direction? Sure roller in a more or less straight line. To do much more would take skill I would think? I think everyone is assuming what this technology will do before it is really fully understood. It is interesting and it is coming. Time will tell how it works out. I just hate to see things shunned right away. This hobby is no place for the luddite.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I am referring to the hold modes.

James, one of the hosts on the RC Today show put a BeastX in some foam 50"ish planes from Nitroplanes and set it up with a auto rudder to do hands off knife edge flight. If that makes it fun, more power to you.

I am starting in large helis with a Ikon, and it would not fly worth a darn without all this technology. It is one thing to learn to piro flips and other crazy heli moves that require a lot of timing and skill and another to setup a plane to do auto rollers by just banging the left aileron stick and starting in a hover attitude.

If this is what people think the Cortex is for, they are missing the point. Come on over to the New Thread Gyro posted to learn more :)

syspig

New to GSN!
Just finishing things up, hoping to maiden in the next day or so. This is one sweet bird...

Perhaps a dumb question - but whut the heck are these blind nuts on the RX tray for? Can't find reference to them anywhere.

a9X9Grc.jpg

Those are for the wing bolts. There are tabs in the wings that go over those holes and you use I believe a M4 bolt to attach the wings.

One of the very cool features of this design. They are also used in the 104" Extra.

Last edited by a moderator:

syspig

New to GSN!
Those are for the wing bolts.

Well duh...guess who hasn't plugged the wings on yet. I assumed they would bolt through the fuse sides like all my others.

About the only way I'd feel dumber, is if I'd chosen that location to attach my TM1000. That spot was on the short list before I plopped it below the RX...:facepalm:

bryanb

50cc
Yes, [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] is right (wing bolts) but I think they are M3 vs M4.

Here is what I did instead of using the stock bolts. I purchased these Seacraft Wing Bolts M3 from Aztech Aeromodels: http://bit.ly/1gsiDkD and used a tiny bit of Red threadlock on the head and the bolt to secure them together. They now function as thumb screws for me putting on my wings. I even added a bit of sticky foam on one side to hold tight.

WP_20140316_007.jpg

WP_20140316_008.jpg

WP_20140316_010.jpg