• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

wedoitall

[MENTION=382]wedoitall[/MENTION], no rush and THANKS!. I sent you a PM on the other forum. Let me know if you didn't get it. I am not in a huge rush.
[MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION], thanks! I will check them out. I was worried about getting the exact dimensions because of the tight fit. I will probably still call EF to find out if they have the dimensions.

No I didn't get it. All the 60" tubes are the same size as far as I know

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
image.jpgimage.jpg

Laser performs equally well on skis or wheels. Testing "printed" tail ski for GHoffman. Worked great.
Not sure how floats would "float"!

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Oh that's cool. How strong are they with the printed material?

Floats will work, but they definitely hamper performance. I remember Chris Jewett once put a Precision Aerobatics plane on floats. It worked ok

dth7

Oh that's cool. How strong are they with the printed material?

Floats will work, but they definitely hamper performance. I remember Chris Jewett once put a Precision Aerobatics plane on floats. It worked ok

The strength is just fine. I was bouncing them around on hard packed and ice and it worked nice. There was a 20 mph crosswind to boot.
I'm sure this thing would make a fantastic float plane. Maybe I'll try that at the next float fly. Not likely to be anytime soon up here!

We'll be posting some test results on main skis later this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast3D

50cc
Hey Guys. I have been so busy unfortunately and there has been a big gap in my build. I am trying to finish up the laser now and hoping for maiden this weekend. I just wanted to see if anyone has used 1.5 inch servo arm on the elevator. The clearance is probably 1-1.5 mm and I am not sure if you see it on the picture but it is moving without hitting the elevator. The throw I get is crazy. I just wanted to see if I should keep using this or downsize to 1.25 mm arms? I dont think I can find a 1.25" secraft servo arm before the weekend! Thanks. IMG_0512.JPG

Fast3D

50cc
Delivery to maiden time: 8/30/13-1/5/14. Thanks for the all the help here during the build process. I did the maiden today followed by 2 more flights. flawless, few clicks to trim. Perfect plane. feld comfortable immediately.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 202

dth7

Delivery to maiden time: 8/30/13-1/5/14. Thanks for the all the help here during the build process. I did the maiden today followed by 2 more flights. flawless, few clicks to trim. Perfect plane. feld comfortable immediately.

Great aren't they?