• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

gyro

GSN Contributor
So this was taking in my build thread where I balanced it with fishing line around the tube and the actual line I marked on the wood is more where the red arrow is. I am now back to the yellow line. My setup again is a 4315-480 with 1/2" spacers, EF spinner, Xoar 16x7, ZTW 85A B-series on the bottom of the motor box aft as it will go, and Glacier 6S 3300's

Very helpful post, thank you!

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Thanks I will give that a try tomorrow morning. I am a visual person so something like this.

YES!. The key to this plane I think is the time you take to go from point B to Point C. Don't tarry on Point B but move quickly on to point C. Then, as you indicate in your drawing, play with bringing the aileron back toward neutral after you have slammed it to the right for a moment. You have to play with it to get it just right. Oh, and at some point you can relax the elevator to neutral as well.

I learned this weekend that doing them to the outside snap yields going flatter faster.

I don't understand the entering them from the inverted because once you enter the upline, the maneuver is the same.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
YES!. The key to this plane I think is the time you take to go from point B to Point C. Don't tarry on Point B but move quickly on to point C. Then, as you indicate in your drawing, play with bringing the aileron back toward neutral after you have slammed it to the right for a moment. You have to play with it to get it just right. Oh, and at some point you can relax the elevator to neutral as well.

I still struggled today with it and even though I feel like I am not delaying at the "B" as you put it I think. That is what is killing the energy I am sure. Again inverted are the bomb. So I have been thinking that inverted I do in a two position move and I may just try that tomorrow on the upright.

What prop are you running? The 15x8 will get a little more speed and less prop disk to fight. Also try them to the outside snap and you might find the timing easier.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got my maiden done on my laser. Haven't stopped smiling yet. Can't believe how stable it is at slow speeds.

SnowDog

Ha that's awesome! Guess there's a lot of smiling going on :) the big brown truck of goodness just dropped a BIG package at my door: D

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Just got my maiden done on my laser. Haven't stopped smiling yet. Can't believe how stable it is at slow speeds.

So true and I tell you it keeps getting better as you dial it in. Please do try some low rate work, you will be very pleased also. I know I made the right decision here.

wedoitall

pure awesome isn't it!

Ha that's awesome! Guess there's a lot of smiling going on :) the big brown truck of goodness just dropped a BIG package at my door: D

Yea buddy! glad to have you in the club, you wont be disappointed.

So true and I tell you it keeps getting better as you dial it in. Please do try some low rate work, you will be very pleased also. I know I made the right decision here.

Eventho i prolly need to get my servos checked out, i still had to fly her this evening. It was almost like pulling teeth but i took your advice and tried moving the battery back some. I like it even more. I still have some tweaking to do, but this evening i started to really open her up and beat her around alil .

wedoitall

What prop are you running? The 15x8 will get a little more speed and less prop disk to fight. Also try them to the outside snap and you might find the timing easier.

i think i know the stick movements for the outside version but can you explain it to me, just incase. IIRC that's how Joe Smith does his.