• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
By the way, did I miss what you patterned it after? Or was there anything other than just the image in your mind? I can't wait to see that thing done and flying. It reminds me of a Turner Special. But I think I like your cowl design much better.

Turner.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yesterday I recessed a piece of ply into the bottom of the rudder to hold the bracket for the tail wheel springs. All I need to do now before covering the wings and tail surfaces is to sand a little filler I put on the rudder. That and clean the shop which may take till spring.;)

20160228_151955_resized.jpg
20160228_162553_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sort of on the Gee Bee R3 Fantasy racer line.
It's got some very cool lines. It's going to look totally awesome in the air. (And my trailer) hee hee.
Yesterday I recessed a piece of ply into the bottom of the rudder to hold the bracket for the tail wheel springs. All I need to do now before covering the wings and tail surfaces is to sand a little filler I put on the rudder. That and clean the shop which may take till spring.;)

View attachment 51761 View attachment 51762
Ever wonder how we accumulate so much crap when doing a build? I mean I look around my plane room, (which I can't work in due to the tornado that ripped through there) and am amazed. I certainly didn't put all that schtuff in my plane???!!! :spongebob:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It's got some very cool lines. It's going to look totally awesome in the air. (And my trailer) hee hee.

Ever wonder how we accumulate so much crap when doing a build? I mean I look around my plane room, (which I can't work in due to the tornado that ripped through there) and am amazed. I certainly didn't put all that schtuff in my plane???!!! :spongebob:

Mine is WAAAAAAAAY too small to start with, then when you add the fact that I have stuff for airplanes and helicopters, and I also have a fair amount of HO Model Railroad stuff and even some plastic model stuff it's like AH, AH, AH RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! every time you go in there.;)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been a little under the weather lately, but I did manage it get a little work done this afternoon. I actually got a little bit of covering done. All I managed to finish was one side of the rudder, but you've got to start somewhere.

It's been a while since I've used Solartex covering or something similar, but it goes on easy. Even easier when you realize the recommended temperature is in Celsius not Fahrenheit. :msn_slap:
20160306_172140_resized.jpg
20160306_172124_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I had a little time tonight so I covered the other side of the rudder and one side of one of the elevators. I'm having second thoughts on how I did the inner structure on the front of the elevator tips. Now that I have one covered I'm not sure I like how it looks. I may need to rethink that.

20160307_220250_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I had a little time tonight so I covered the other side of the rudder and one side of one of the elevators. I'm having second thoughts on how I did the inner structure on the front of the elevator tips. Now that I have one covered I'm not sure I like how it looks. I may need to rethink that.

View attachment 52056
Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you get on top soon. That Solartex is the coolest stuff. I'm really anxious to see that plane done. It's going to be soooo sweet!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you get on top soon. That Solartex is the coolest stuff. I'm really anxious to see that plane done. It's going to be soooo sweet!

X2, I've never even touched solartex but it looks cool. May have to pick some up just to play with.