• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I installed he last of the planks on the hatch tonight. I see a lot of sanding in my future tomorrow.

20141128_203816_resized.jpg
20141128_203756_resized.jpg 20141128_203924_resized.jpg 20141128_203937_resized.jpg

reyn3545

100cc
Very nice... always impressive to see someone who can start with an idea and some sticks and stay with it until it flies. I bought a Stearman kit once, never glued the first 2 pieces together, sold it about 4 years later.

Do you plan on the typical red/white scheme?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice... always impressive to see someone who can start with an idea and some sticks and stay with it until it flies. I bought a Stearman kit once, never glued the first 2 pieces together, sold it about 4 years later.

Do you plan on the typical red/white scheme?

I'm not sure on the scheme yet, but it will be in a classic style. The red and white was always on the top of my list, but I also like red and black and yellow and black.

I've got several to do myself. USPS and FedEx both delivered classic pattern airplane kits this week. The big one is an original Dr Jekyll kit and the smaller one is a new Tiporare 750. The Dr. Jekyll is massive! I can't believe they pulled that thing around with a 1.20 four stroke.
I've had three Tipo 750's, and was pretty serious about pattern once. I flew them with a piped 60, great flying plane at 7lbs. If I was going to do another one, I think I'd try electric. Both of these ought to be fun. Please post pix when they're done.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't know if you mentioned it, but what glue are you using for the planks?
I'm using thick CA to attach the planks to the framework and Sig "Sig-ment" on the edges of the planks. Sig-ment is thick enough to stay on the edge and sands really easy when dry.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've had three Tipo 750's, and was pretty serious about pattern once. I flew them with a piped 60, great flying plane at 7lbs. If I was going to do another one, I think I'd try electric. Both of these ought to be fun. Please post pix when they're done.
A 7 pound Tipo 750. Man that's pretty light. I'm certain mine wont be that light since I'm planing on glassing and painting the wings and stabs. I've never had a Tiporare before, I just thought the Tipo fuse would lend itself well to an electric conversion which is my plan.

I do have a wood Curare that was built in the 70's and I just sold a glass fuse UFO that was built in the 80's. Neither were built by me and they are both heavy, but still flew great. I've also had others including a Speeda and a Calypso. I've always loved the early ballistic pattern airplanes.

I don't really have a plan yet for the Dr. Jekyll, but it was a great deal I couldn't pass up. I'm considering a DLE20 rear exhaust with a pipe. The guys on the Classic pattern forum will hate that one.;)