• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshet89

50cc
The wing itself was covered pretty much just how you described it so we are on the same page

Where the issue with the tip lies in the total chord of just the wing tip that is glued to the wing is wider than the 24” wide covering I have. So I have to have a seam at the edge of the wing structure to the edge of the wing tip. I did get the white on the tip so the whole wing is covered. Most of the white seam will be covered by darker colors so it should be fairly well hidden. Another step closer today:dancing-chicken:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ah, ok. I got you. That makes perfect sense. So, you are all covered up then? That is good. I ran into the same issue when I covered my 330 wings. As they are beyond Behemoth. What I have done in the past is "skew" the sheet of covering so that I can reach from one corner to the opposite corner. In essence an example would be from the tip of the root leading edge to the tip of the wing tip trailing edge. Yes, it eats up a lot of covering doing it like this. But I just hate seams. And if I can get away with not having any and it costs me a little extra in covering, it is worth it. Especially since I can add that extra amount left over to my stash stock. LOL

Glad you got it done. Really liking your thread by the way.

Joshet89

50cc
I looked at trying one sheet and just wasn't going to work... It's too bad but looking at the .60 sized stik my dad built in the early 90s it has the same seam.

Now just on to sanding the other wing so I can get the base colors on there, then it's trim and assembly! Have a trip to Nashville for the first part of next week and am hoping in the rest of my week off I can really get some good progress. All will depend on the weather because if it's flying weather I will be at the field :D

Joshet89

50cc
Came back from a quick trip to Nashville and the weather was terrible to fly so down to the basement I went for a bit. After working a bit yesterday I am down to just trimming out the tops of the wings! Putting the whole thing together with covering on was sure a cool moment. Sure am getting pretty excited to start putting gear in this. Need to get my wife to get her vinyl cutter fired up since it is so much easier to get the stickers on before assembly.

IMG_7671.jpg
IMG_7672.jpg
IMG_7673.jpg
IMG_7674.JPG

Joshet89

50cc
Finally got my butt back in gear. Life sure has a way of jumping out and grabbing you sometimes. I guess making sure you have enough covering always helps too :rolleyes:

After a few weeks of staring at the trim(which has been cut and laid out) to go over the white I got my over-analytical butt in gear and started going at it. Reason I had ran out of covering was due to the age old mistake of cutting 2 right sides instead of a left and a right :mad::mad: Ended up being a blessing in disguise because I totally screwed up the piece that I had 2 of and was able to get the second one down pretty nicely. All that’s left in the covering department is a couple small swoops that are already cut and this thing will be on to assembly. Old man winter has sure hit us pretty hard pretty early this year so pretty slim chances of flying in 2018 but it’ll be for sure ready for next years flying season :mario-banana:

Guess this is probably a pretty worthless post with out some pics huh :D

1297F208-B131-4AFA-9C58-C738ABB86AA4.jpeg

8CD1621C-69C6-45D5-B6EF-BCCDDDA4BDE2.jpeg

9BFA677D-F52F-43CC-B695-5FD644CE4A73.jpeg
9A4388D8-E041-4659-BC60-F29B0467663A.jpeg

AC212A79-AF0C-4024-9328-FFC1ACC26F40.jpeg