• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Having seen all the AWESOME progress @Joshet89 has made on his AMR Stick, It really has given me the itch to get back to work on mine. So I went to the LHS this morning and picked up the strip stock to replace what was removed from my box. Everything I needed came in except for the 3/8"x 1-1/4"x 48" balsa leading edge strips I need. So I just pick up a piece of 3/8"x 3"x 48" balsa and a four foot straight edge. I will cut the piece in half and use it instead. All it will mean is a little more carving, but it won't be bad. I am going to Hertford tomorrow so I won't be able to do any more work until Monday night. If my boss asks me to work late again on Monday, I will have to politely tell him no thanks, I have an airplane to work on. . . . . .:yesss:

I'll be back for an update on Tuesday Fellas.

Joshet89

50cc
Well I will be honest this thread has been a real motivator for me to get my build back to the forefront! So not too much from the weekend but I did get my jig ready to frame wing #2. I did get a chance to put one wing on and make some airplane noises which sometimes seeing it together really is a big motivator itself. So here are a few pics that actually resemble a flyable plane!
STIK2.JPG

STIK.JPG

Joshet89

50cc
Well motivation on my stik is continuing. I have wing #2 in the jig. Would have had some glue on it a little quicker however rib #3 was missing the front third :( I'm sure in my moving the boxes around the garage I broke and lost the other piece. I just cut a new front third and it was fortunately the middle part of a 4 piece laminated rib. Once that was done getting all the other pieces cut was simple. Now the glue is drying till my day off this Tuesday to hopefully get the rest of it completed.

IMG_5426.JPG

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Keep up the GREAT work @Joshet89. . . . . :big_yes:. Work has kept me away from mine far too long. Haven't touched it in over three weeks. I finally got all the sticks to continue with wing construction tomorrow night. With any luck, I will make some decent progress. I REALY need to get this thing done and flying so I can get back to work on my Laser. . . . .:yesss:.

BalsaDust

Yeah yeah yeah blame it on work. We all know the real reason cough cough lazy cough cough cough. Oops did I say that outloud. LOL. No I completely get it, works keeps me away from things for way to long sometimes.

Joshet89

50cc
Well this project has sat in varying degrees of completion for months at a time in my shop, I know that the last 10% is probably going to take 90% of the time but with a one month old at home I am sure not getting out to the model field very much :/

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

As soon as I find out why I'm getting an "Internal Server" Error message when I try to update my thread, I will let you guys know what I got done last night.

David

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Fellas,

As soon as I find out why I'm getting an "Internal Server" Error message when I try to update my thread, I will let you guys know what I got done last night.

David
David do they look like this? I was getting these when trying to respond to something in Stangflyer's JTEC Pitts thread. I could post as long as I wasn't quoting something in the thread.

Error.png