• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Tseres

150cc
Forgues Research;13014 wrote: The inserts in the flat bars have to be at a 3 degree angle, so I cut the angle on a piece of wood, and set it on the milling vise, and put the plate on it and drilled, it came perfect.

Ah, a craftsman with old time skills.

a few pictures of things to come

13433=7330-2flying DALOTEL_0.jpg
13433=7330-2flying DALOTEL_0.jpg
13433=7328-Dalotel 05.jpg
13433=7328-Dalotel 05.jpg
13433=7329-Dalotel 07.jpg
13433=7329-Dalotel 07.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I really like the Dalotel, most people don't, something about it speaks to me, be a great scale project and have a feelin it'll be a fantistic flier, have considered getting a 50cc size a number of times. Like to try some pattern with it.

IMAC FANATIC;13611 wrote: I really like the Dalotel, most people don't, something about it speaks to me, be a great scale project and have a feelin it'll be a fantistic flier, have considered getting a 50cc size a number of times. Like to try some pattern with it.

I know what you mean, It has very simple lines but yet very appealing . and the retracts adds a lot ..

A while back, being patient was mentioned , let me tell you, today I need a lot of patience doing what I am doing, I am redoing the insulation and vapor barrier in the garage/shop, now this is patience for me LOLOL

The stab/elevator is set aside while waiting for 1/64" plywood, so now will start on the main wing spars, a bit touchy to get it right, so will take my time, these are box spars to remove any tendency for the wing to twist... will try and post pictures later