• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

I couldn't agree more! To this day, the best flight I ever saw was Hanno and his Dalotel flying the last flight of the day one evening at the TOC. I hope to see the real Dalotel restored one day or maybe somebody will build a full-scale replica!

Not to hijack the thread but the picture is of me and my scratch-built 90" electric Dalotel. It has electric retracts and a GA6000 motor on 12 cells=all the power you would ever need. I love to fly this airplane ... it is soooo coool looking in the air when the wheels go away:)

Roger, this is a massively interesting project! Keep up the GREAT work. We are rooting for you!

Tom
Hi Tom,
thank you for the kinds words, it's a work of passion, also if I may add, your Dalotel looks pretty dam good.
In 1980 I was at the TOC watching Hanno Pretner flying his Dalotel and this is where I was hooked on it. I took this picture of him and his Dalotel, at the time he was running two super tigers geared to a large propeller.

Attachments

• Hanno Pretner.jpg
    Hanno Pretner.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 409

Tom Miller

New to GSN!
We could have been standing side-by-side back then:) That is when my passion for the Dalotel began as well.
THANKS! For the kind words from you!

I've tried, with no luck to find out if the full-scale Dalotel ever flew in an aerobatic contest. Any thoughts?

We could have been standing side-by-side back then:) That is when my passion for the Dalotel began as well.
THANKS! For the kind words from you!

I've tried, with no luck to find out if the full-scale Dalotel ever flew in an aerobatic contest. Any thoughts?

The Dalotel wasn't a competitive aerobatic airplane, it was designed as an aerobatic trainer , but at the time Zlinn aircraft already had a good trainer so Michel Dalotel's dream of producing his airplane was shattered. So to answer as far as I know it never competed

I just got a bit more info on the Dalotel development from Ray

Hey, Tom & Roger,
M. Dalotel was essentially put out of business by the CAP 10, developed
around 1969-1970, same time as the Dalotel. The French Air Force
preferred it to Dalotel's design. The French Navy also used the CAP for
training, as did Mexico's and Australia's Air Forces. Developed from the
Emeraude, the CAP 10 was not only side-by-side, it was roomier. Its
fixed gear was undoubtedly cheaper and lighter to make than Dalotel's
retracts, though the Dalotel was about 20 mph faster. Later versions of
the Dalotel, never made, were designed to be plus and minus 14G's Yes,
fourteen.
............Ray Ordorica

before the big storm hits us here on the east coast, I was able to work a bit in the shop on the front instrument panel, I had made one, but I decided to put it in the bin, and start over. I 3D printed a drilling template and then drilled a lot lol

Attachments

• aik.JPG
    aik.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 425
  • ail.JPG
    ail.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 397
  • aim.JPG
    aim.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 438
  • ain.JPG
    ain.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 397
aluminum part on the rear instrument, still needs black paint, and the front has a sheet of plastic to simulate aluminum , also will be painted black, the piece de resistance now sponsored by Bluebird servos and with this received this AM 6 of the beautiful H50B Brushless

Attachments

• aio.JPG
    aio.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 387
  • aip.JPG
    aip.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 434
  • aiq.JPG
    aiq.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 405
  • air.JPG
    air.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 387

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All you need to do is start, and it will come true, but something like this , will take more then a year , it has to be a long term project and if you believe you can do it, then you can, Make sure its the airplane you are passionate about

26170877_1648529408544050_7989273152447055256_o.jpg

Dang.... I have been trying to get caught up on everything here since I have had a few days off from work. I had no idea you had one of these. Not sure I am going to be able to ever duplicate your amount of passion or tenacity, but I am determined to do the best job I am capable of. As earlier mentioned, your work is definitely an inspiration to all of us here.

Simply put, thank you for all your contributing skill and expertise.

Dang.... I have been trying to get caught up on everything here since I have had a few days off from work. I had no idea you had one of these. Not sure I am going to be able to ever duplicate your amount of passion or tenacity, but I am determined to do the best job I am capable of. As earlier mentioned, your work is definitely an inspiration to all of us here.

Simply put, thank you for all your contributing skill and expertise.
Thank you for your kind words, but no I don't have one of these, just wanted to inspire you to do one...