• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

50-60cc pau edge 540 build

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
looking good man!!! Kinda surprised about the linkage and lack of manual on such an expensive model! Herve needs to get on it!

clarkj

70cc twin V2
The manual does have a pic of the throttle servo but that location will not work with my application

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Progresss is slow due to work. When i git home at 11:30 last night i found a box in the mail with my pitts muffler from jtec. Thts the only muffler i found that fit the dle 61. Fits like it was made for this plane. image.jpg

clarkj

70cc twin V2
7954's everywhere. I installed the cowl tonight. Was much more of a job than i expected. First i had to cut about 3/8" off the stingers. Ive never had to do that before and i hate cutting on a $90 muffler but it had to be done. Then cutting the cowl took awhile to get a good clean cut. image.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Very nice cowl install!

Regarding covering:

Not much can be done about the covering once it leaves the factory. It's one of those things that is affected by weather of any kind, and these things do get to us by sea. Lots of weather changes out there that can cause all kinds of whack covering wrinkles, and it's up to us to ensure that everything is tight once we receive the airplane. Tightening up covering on a brand new kit doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's rarely the manufacturers fault, and even just letting it hang in the sun for an hour or 2 at the club can cause it to wrinkle.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I agree however i think some are tightened better from the factory than others

I agree as well. That Aeroworks Yak for the AMA Youth Camp Benefit is wrinkle free since I've had it on my workbench and my Pilot Extra wrinkles like an old man every year.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
As ling as its covered in ultracote i have no problem getting wrinkles out. I was taught to cover in ultracote and i know how to use it well. I cannot seem to get a wing covered in monokote but thtats another story