• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" EPP Yak

SnowDog

it's a hurk esc from heads up rc i have used a bunch of these esc's and never had an issue before, i guess the omega motor is more the problem seems like it doesn't like this esc much :(, i just don't want to cut the throttle in the air and then get back on the throttle just to have the motor not kick in till it figures it's self out ??

Sometimes it is the specific combination of motor and ESC that is the problem. Both may work great in other configurations, but together they just don't.
One option is to swap one or the other out for another item and see how that affects the situation.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sometimes it is the specific combination of motor and ESC that is the problem. Both may work great in other configurations, but together they just don't.
One option is to swap one or the other out for another item and see how that affects the situation.

That's a good point Mike. I remember a LONG time ago, I was having some timing trouble using a Turnigy ESC, but when I used a Hobbywing Pentium(now "FlyFun") the problem went away.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I've experienced this same issue a few times and every time it's been the ESC at fault. It may be worse with some motors but invariably (in my experience at least) it's the ESC is the root cause.

SWAMPER

New to GSN!
Ok the good news is I switched out the esc and she flies great put three packs on her still on low rates till I get use to it, only thing I can see I have a problem with is the wire landing gear does not spring back very well did good landings but the gear would bend each time, does anyone use a different landing gear for this plane ?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Does anyone have one of these Yaks NIBb for sale? Mine is doing great...just want a backup airframe. LOVE this plane.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Is there a stronger wing tune out there? I snapped mine in flight. I was really beating on it. Good thing is it only pushed the motor through the firewall. Very little damage. I still cant believe how good this plane is. I sure wish they would update it. Then again maybe better things are on the way!