• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

Aerosi

30cc
Definitely will do, thanks! :D I'm sure my first few flights will be way up there until I get used to the way it flies, along with flight times on each pack, and high vs low rates. Maybe some day I'll even have video to share ;)

Aerosi

30cc
Finally got my maiden in today :ecstatic: This thing is so awesome to fly. Needed one click of right aileron and one click down elevator and it was perfect. Unfortunately, only got one pack through and I started loosing light...but that was a FUN 6 minutes! I am the farthest thing from being a 3D pro, but managed some clean KE passes, even hovered it twice (at high altitude)... I'm running 3S, and this thing has plenty of power and is stupid fun.

I can tell, me and my Edge are going to have some fun times together :cool:...Now I'm itching to get her back up in the air. Next time she goes up, I'll have pics...

HUGE props to 3DHS on this one...can't think of a more perfect plane in this size :thumbup:

Finally got my maiden in today :ecstatic: This thing is so awesome to fly. Needed one click of right aileron and one click down elevator and it was perfect. Unfortunately, only got one pack through and I started loosing light...but that was a FUN 6 minutes! I am the farthest thing from being a 3D pro, but managed some clean KE passes, even hovered it twice (at high altitude)... I'm running 3S, and this thing has plenty of power and is stupid fun.

I can tell, me and my Edge are going to have some fun times together :cool:...Now I'm itching to get her back up in the air. Next time she goes up, I'll have pics...

HUGE props to 3DHS on this one...can't think of a more perfect plane in this size :thumbup:

You don't have to be a pro, I am not by any means at all. The only thing that matters, at least to me, is that you are having fun and helping grow the best part of this hobby, 3D!! Congrats on the maiden! I was out flying my blue one this evening as well. It is a really great plane.

Aerosi

30cc
Thanks AZ! I was pretty surprised how easy it was to fly. Really looking forward to more stick time with it! You ever make it down the phx area? I fly at SVF...not sure if you make it down here but they're having their annual electric fun fly this saturday.

robj, I WISH I could fly in my front yard...my neighborhood is borderline "sardine" style, and my front yard is about 12'X12' of dull desert landscape. I'm lucky if our local park (aka doggy toilet) doesn't have too many people in it and I can take up my foamy. Otherwise, I have to drive to the airfield...

Thanks AZ! I was pretty surprised how easy it was to fly. Really looking forward to more stick time with it! You ever make it down the phx area? I fly at SVF...not sure if you make it down here but they're having their annual electric fun fly this saturday.

robj, I WISH I could fly in my front yard...my neighborhood is borderline "sardine" style, and my front yard is about 12'X12' of dull desert landscape. I'm lucky if our local park (aka doggy toilet) doesn't have too many people in it and I can take up my foamy. Otherwise, I have to drive to the airfield...

I have been wanting to come down to SVF. I have talked with Buzzed and NeverEnough about it. I bought a plane from NeverEnough once. I just need to get sometime off and come down there. My sister lives in Surprise and I would stay at her place. I just have to get some time off and figure out when the 3D guys are flying. I guess they mainly fly in the evenings. It is in my todo list for sure I just have to figure out when I can escape down the mountain. Maybe soon since it is really starting to get cool here and the flying weather will go away for a bit. They are predicting snow this weekend but I work Saturdays anyways.

Aerosi

30cc
Wow...it always amazed me living in AZ how phx can be like summer, and less than 2hrs away its snow....

You're right, 3D guys usually go in the evenings. Random workdays and sometimes on weekends. Weekend mornings are avoided since the field is usually packed and 3D flying gets: :cursing:

Evenings are fun and everyone is super nice and helpful...definitely an asset to the hobby.

I live less than 10 mins away from the field, so if you ever end up coming down here, let me know and I'll come out and meet you (unless its at the time when my kid is born, then I may not be as flexible as usual ;))

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
My edge has arrived. Pics and build log from a rookie balsa guy to come. :) hoping to start assembly later on this evening.