• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3drcforums visits aerobeez hq's

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think Santiago was saying it's closer to 12lb with a 50cc, and it flies light. Maybe 13-14lb with a 12s 5000 setup.

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Im going to have to keep watching for my next setup, from what i have seen i like the looks of most of their planes so far, and after ordering some servos from them i am impressed with their customer service which goes a long way in my book

The weight trade off between a 50cc setup and a 12s 5000 is pretty close to equal if you use the right components. I know with the 83/76" MXS from EF we get around 14-14.5 pounds with either setup. This seems to be a similar sized plane, hence why I ask. That plane has 1225-1260 squares depending on wether you use the tips.

I looked up the version that another vendor is selling and it listed it as 1196 squares (77.2 sq dm). Not sure if this is modified version made for AB or not I guess is the question.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
The weight trade off between a 50cc setup and a 12s 5000 is pretty close to equal if you use the right components. I know with the 83/76" MXS from EF we get around 14-14.5 pounds with either setup. This seems to be a similar sized plane, hence why I ask. That plane has 1225-1260 squares depending on wether you use the tips.

I looked up the version that another vendor is selling and it listed it as 1196 squares (77.2 sq dm). Not sure if this is modified version made for AB or not I guess is the question.

Our set up with the DA50 came out to be about 13.5 lbs. We spent a lot of time doing testing with the wing span & wing area and found this to be the best mix of having a light weight feel in the air but still be extremely nimble. I see you don't currently own a Aerobeez plane, would love to get you into a new Typhoon. ;)

I had a 90" 330SC that I sold last year. I have not updated my signature line in a while. Need to do that. Got to fly one of the 65" EPP planes and I was impressed. This plane with the bigger wing seems more something I would like, but you hit a home run with the Typhoon scheme.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
I had a 90" 330SC that I sold last year. I have not updated my signature line in a while. Need to do that. Got to fly one of the 65" EPP planes and I was impressed. This plane with the bigger wing seems more something I would like, but you hit a home run with the Typhoon scheme.

Thank you Enterprise

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Is @Aerobeez HQ in Irwindale open to visitors? Website says M-F 9:30-4 just curious if that's just the phone line or do they have a shop?

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Drove past it. It's just the warehouse. I bet if you called prior they'd show you around. But the unit block number 5300 door says authorized access entry only. So there I have it, out of time to call, have to catch an airplane!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
yeah not really a show room... They do a ton of work and I got the impression when I was there that it was at all hours of the day... It was a bunch of young guys hustling around making things happen. It was impressive...