• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DRC Forums Favorite RC Vendor For 2014

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah I googled that, lol. I need to send the Photoshop .PSD file with no 3d rendering information to a modeling program and see if I can export that file format. I may have to actually model the award in a 3d program to get it to .dxf. I thought it was a little forum award not a tangeable element.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I also found this out:

Pictures are etched best when converted to a pure black and white (1 bit, not 8bit grayscale). This is typically how newpapers print pictures. It also means you might need to make a different graphic without all the shading as it does not come out well when etched.

My plan was to laser etch a piece of wood so the winner could hang it up in their shop. Just like we did with the 2012 award.

Thanks for the help,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
I would like to add DA and Limitless Aero to the list.

BTW, look who is copying this... http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93556

AKfreak

150cc
They have tons of participation. 4 pages of nominations in the first day. That's alot of traffic. Ill get that award finished in the next few days. Been slamed.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I would like to add DA and Limitless Aero to the list.

BTW, look who is copying this... http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93556

Got it. Thanks. I spoke to Jim this morning about that. Looks like a good turnout and I really like the awards. They have a lot more money to invest in them than I was going to spend.

Frank

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
What!!! They copied your idea, well they suck!!! I know my vote doesn't count so I will hold back. This is looking good guys!

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
What!!! They copied your idea, well they suck!!! I know my vote doesn't count so I will hold back. This is looking good guys!

Haha. No they didn't. I started this thread the same time I started that one. I was also going to do one at Wattflyer but they were not interested in doing it. Too small of a forum I guess. Jim asked me if he could "take it to the next level" so to speak and they did. They even branched it out with some new categories. Looks like they put a lot of thought into it very quickly.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator: