• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS Tennessee Fly-Low-In - August 15-18, 2013 Knoxville, TN

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
well, looks like i will be making the trip this year. super excited, although not looking forward to the almost 12 hour drive. my dad thinks he will be making it was well...heard rumors a hillbilly may be making the trip too

SnowDog

Field trip to the Fly Low just got approved by our Principal :) Approval was tough because it was only the 3rd day of school. We'll be there on Friday morning. I'm not sure how many students will go because they will be providing their own transportation. It was too early in the school year to get a bus. I'll be bringing the trainers so if anyone needs an "orientation" flight you'll see us on the electric flight line. I'm really looking forward to this fly low!

That's awesome...will be great to have any kids there, I'm sure they'll have fun...and I'll have my camera and video there to cover their training session! :D

well, looks like i will be making the trip this year. super excited, although not looking forward to the almost 12 hour drive. my dad thinks he will be making it was well...heard rumors a hillbilly may be making the trip too

Erik, that is a long drive...mine will be 9 hours. FYI, I'm really hoping to have that EF 60" Extra pieced back together for the FLI....:) Looking forward to seeing you there.

-Mike

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Erik, that is a long drive...mine will be 9 hours. FYI, I'm really hoping to have that EF 60" Extra pieced back together for the FLI....:) Looking forward to seeing you there.

-Mike

yeah its a very long drive, but its worth it. will only cost me 2 vacation days, but the knoxville boys sure know how to throw a fly in

RedTalon

50cc
SnowDog, I'm pretty sure we met at last year's Cape Girardeau FLI and I look forward to meeting everyone again. It's been a rough year, I've only been able to fly literally a handful of times since. As daunting as a 14-hr drive seems right now, I really AM excited. I've never been to Tennessee and I really want to see the area. I've just finished a 74" Edge, I may just do the maiden there.

Well, enough of a break for me - I've got another hour or so of work to do before I go to bed and 4am comes early. :)
l

SnowDog

SnowDog, I'm pretty sure we met at last year's Cape Girardeau FLI and I look forward to meeting everyone again. It's been a rough year, I've only been able to fly literally a handful of times since. As daunting as a 14-hr drive seems right now, I really AM excited. I've never been to Tennessee and I really want to see the area. I've just finished a 74" Edge, I may just do the maiden there.

Well, enough of a break for me - I've got another hour or so of work to do before I go to bed and 4am comes early. :)
l

that brings back memories of this year's FLI at Cape G....where I maidened my 71" Slick...looking forward to seeing you there...safe travels.

where better than an FLI to do a maiden! :D

I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you in Knoxville...I'm better with faces than names.