• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS Planes Picture Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I fixed the Vyper and flew it the same day it crashed. Epic.

The Vyper seems to repair very well.
vyper midair damage 2.JPG

I don't have a pic of the rebuild, but this is what my first one looked like after a mid air. She flew again!

Alex flying his 74 at the 2014 Tennessee Electric Fun Fly

Set up = Hitec 7954,s Motrolfly 4330 282kv, on 8s, Xoar 20x10

[video=youtube;c7nshpq60fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nshpq60fs&list=UUV9wQM-MPRfxmO1-CodZtzw[/video]

maxx4wd

50cc
Well - after a total of 3 flights on a brand new airframe, I managed to misjudge the top of a tree on my landing approach - plane nosed in from 10' and was actually fine (until momentum decided to take over and the tail kept going while the nose stayed stationary. After a few weeks of refusing to look at the plane I finally started to rebuild it last night...made pretty good progress - hope to have it flying by saturday...but we will see. This is my first major rebuild attempt so needless to say I'm learning a ton - mostly what not to do but sure beats having to buy a new airframe...

iphone backup 04-11-14 004.JPGiphone backup 04-11-14 005a.jpgiphone backup 06-10-14 001.JPGiphone backup 06-10-14 002.JPGiphone backup 06-10-14 004.JPG

SnowDog

that's never fun, but I'm sure you'll do fine, and then just think how hard you can fly it knowing that you can always repair it! ;)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
AHHHHHHH MAN!!! I feel your pain. I had my elevator bind on a 50cc Yak on landing that sent my plane nose first into the ground! I ended up junking the whole plane.

maxx4wd

50cc
that's never fun, but I'm sure you'll do fine, and then just think how hard you can fly it knowing that you can always repair it! ;)

Yeah no kidding...I wasn't really worried about crashing (it's just part of the hobby) I was more mad at myself for doing something dumb on such a new airframe...I know that pretty much any plane that goes up may or may not survive but I just wish I ate crow doing something cool on the deck... ;)

AHHHHHHH MAN!!! I feel your pain. I had my elevator bind on a 50cc Yak on landing that sent my plane nose first into the ground! I ended up junking the whole plane.

Yeah losing any plane is no fun, but the bigger they are the more it seems to hurt ...

3dhs extra 330 sc and lx

Attachments

• photo-35.JPG
    photo-35.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_5776.JPG
    IMG_5776.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 439
  • IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 421