• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Manta

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Thats awesome. I really wanted to make that one too. My surgery kinda negated that one.

gyro

GSN Contributor
71 for a 42...that's one heck of a deal!!!

:tongue:

Yeah, I'm jealous! I'll probably be willing to wheel and deal with some of my airplanes at the Hucktoberfest next week, but I doubt I'll get anything near that kind of deal!

scarface

50cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Hey Alex, this is just a still from your video but I thought it looked cool, nice flying!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349058274.316974.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349058274.316974.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 142

quadracer

100cc
Amazing experience at the Tennessee Huckfest! Joe put on a show all weekend with his 103 extra and 74 edge!
Noll traded me a 71" Slick frame for my 42" Classic Slick, and I bought a 70" Red Bull Fantasy Blue Slick!

I've been setting goals to get into a 71" slick for quite some time now, all of a sudden, I now have 2!

Had a blast with the 3dhobby shop crew, Bivens, Noll, Joe, Wamsy, Joe's Dad, and anyone else I missed, thank you guys for everything! This was an incredible experience, will be doing it again very soon!

Wouldn't be interested in selling that FB 70, would you? :popcorn: :D

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Spend a half hour on RF6 at the LHS yesterday, and it seemed quite easy. Does skill in a sim translate into skill for flying? If it does I'm better than I thought lol. Still no rolling harriers but precision and tumbles I had pretty well down. Even a bit of rifle rollers.

3dplank

70cc twin V2
You need to tweek the planes in any sim to make them fly close to the real thing:D Tominator makes some pretty good flying planes on rf6.

Spend a half hour on RF6 at the LHS yesterday, and it seemed quite easy. Does skill in a sim translate into skill for flying? If it does I'm better than I thought lol. Still no rolling harriers but precision and tumbles I had pretty well down. Even a bit of rifle rollers.

Depending on the model in the sim, some things feel pretty real, some feel a little too easy, and some things seem harder to me. The real value of the sim is building muscle memory...

If you don't have rollers down yet I'd say it is a great place to practice them. It's one of those things that you just have to keep doing until you no longer have to think about it... I used to throw some music on, or a TV show on my second monitor, and just do low rollers for 10 minutes a day. Keeping them low forces you to maintain altitude, which I think speeds up learning.

Lately I've been practicing hovering with the landing gear facing me... It's always felt weird to me, but I'm guessing 10 minutes a day for a couple weeks on the sim, and it should become way easier in the real world. Yeah, it will be a little different with a real plane, but I shouldn't have to think about which way to hit the rudder.