• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm sure we will see more about this... but geez Gary you should stop setting him up for that kind of stress ;) Next time bolt the wing on :p

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381509102.699281.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Jeez... at least the fuse isn't the part that failed. Was that piece that fell off at the last second part of the broken wing? Or was that something else? Nice save by Brian :D

Olie

50cc
Ouch!

I snapped one side of my elevator in half flying a little too low and slow last night, nothing some thin CA and kicker couldn't fix.

48" edge with 4s 1800mah packs = epic pop-top machine. I think I'm about to make the switch to 4s permanently now.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Guys I need a little help with my profile build project using parts from my wrecked 70" FB slick. You can find the build log here: http://www.3drcforums.com/showthrea...the-ashes-of-a-70-quot-RIP-AJ-Slick-Build-Log

My question has to do with the thrust line. I spent some time looking at pictures and it appears that the main wing is a little lower than the thrust line of the motor while the Horizontal stab is a little higher than it. I can't quite verify it though because none of the attached pictures were taken with my issue in mind ;) Now that my slick is trashed it is really hard for me to do any measurements or take any pics of what it should look like.

I am hoping one of you 71 slick owners out there would be willing to post a picture of a straight-on side view of your fully assembled slick. You will know it is straight on because you won't be able to see much of top or bottom of the wing. You should also not be able to see much of the leading edge of the main wing. Any help on this would be HUGELY appreciated! I want my finished plane to fly somewhat like the ones we know and love in post-stall and I have a hunch this might be important ;) Thanks in advance!

-Nate