• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

ryan_m

100cc
Good trade Gyro! You need more time on a Velox anyways, it's one of my favorite planes. I love my 71 Slick too, but damn I REALLY like the Velox!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Good trade Gyro! You need more time on a Velox anyways, it's one of my favorite planes. I love my 71 Slick too, but damn I REALLY like the Velox!

See, that's why I'm excited. I didn't want to sell the velox, I'd only gotten 4 flights on her... darn wife made me do it!

Now, I'm getting it back, trading my electric 70" slick for it, and putting together a gas 71" Slick. I'm very happy!

I do notice however that there are some differences in how the 70/71" Slicks fly, compared to the 89" I have. Seems like the smaller birds carry a little more energy. Now, gotta figure out when else can go, so I can get an engine and servos for the 71" Gasser.

-G

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Re: 3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

See, that's why I'm excited. I didn't want to sell the velox, I'd only gotten 4 flights on her... darn wife made me do it!

Now, I'm getting it back, trading my electric 70" slick for it, and putting together a gas 71" Slick. I'm very happy!

I do notice however that there are some differences in how the 70/71" Slicks fly, compared to the 89" I have. Seems like the smaller birds carry a little more energy. Now, gotta figure out when else can go, so I can get an engine and servos for the 71" Gasser.

-G

The energy is probably because you have an 8s setup on your 70 and a dle 55 on the 89. A 60cc could sway that opinion! :)
I see you're getting into the dark side of gasoline! I would love a 30cc but I've read/ heard too many nightmares with those small gas engines. I'm not experienced enough in gas to even attempt it now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The energy is probably because you have an 8s setup on your 70 and a dle 55 on the 89. A 60cc could sway that opinion! :)
I see you're getting into the dark side of gasoline! I would love a 30cc but I've read/ heard too many nightmares with those small gas engines. I'm not experienced enough in gas to even attempt it now.

Yes, I agree. I'd love to throw an EME 60 on the 89, I think it'd give me 1hp more, which is huge!

As for the 30cc gas, its what I consider an "every day" gasser due to it's size. Luckily, I've got some good gas engine guys here locally, in Drew, Frankie, and Humberto. :)

econpatric

70cc twin V2

Are you suggesting that 50cc and larger is less headache?

I bought a DLE20 for the simple purpose of learning gas and it has been a bear for me to get tuned. I have read and tried all the different how to's on tuning, but have not had great luck. I have been thinking of 'throwing in the towel' on gas and just staying electric but if I understand your comment-- the larger the easier?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are you suggesting that 50cc and larger is less headache?

I bought a DLE20 for the simple purpose of learning gas and it has been a bear for me to get tuned. I have read and tried all the different how to's on tuning, but have not had great luck. I have been thinking of 'throwing in the towel' on gas and just staying electric but if I understand your comment-- the larger the easier?

I have heard the DLE 20 can be hit or miss... and you might have gotten a "miss". Both my DLE 55 and 111 seem to run great when properly tuned and fed (I use VP gas). I'm sure the DLE30 I'm getting will work great too. I also understand that the bowman ring modification makes a big difference.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Well mine is pretty new and has only a gallon through it. I wanted to get my 'feet wet' with a smaller motor, but we don't have enough support around here to ask anyone for help with tuning. Really, I don't think it's the motor, its the lack of being properly tuned by its operator!

If its true that the larger motors tune easier, I might throw the 20 up for sale and make a run for the DLE 55 or EME 60. Thats what I want anyways.